change cancellation policy

Ned3
Level 1
Victoria, Canada

change cancellation policy

We offer long-term ( 1 to 5 month intervals ) in 3 self-catered rental units  in addition to the the more conventional short term stays.  Airbnb has the "automatic" application of their long-term ( any period over 28 days ) cancelation policy which allows guests to cancel up to 30 days before arrival without penalty.  This virtually transfers all of the booking and more importantly occupancy risk to the host.   Does anyone know of a procedure or protocol to allow host or host & guest initiated cancelation penalties that supercede Airbnb's designated ones?   Based upon our knowledge of 22 years of operations we've delisted the long-term rentals with Airbnb until such time as we get an answer to this question ~  too much risk for hosts.    

We are turning to the community for any input as filters preclude direct conversations with Airbnb!    Thanks in advance for your thoughts. 

Cheers,

Ned,  Victoria BC

5 Replies 5
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

AirBnB do their thing and have a limted amount of customisation.

Even that amount confuses many people.

With a custom requirement like your just do not think it is the right platform.

David
Susan214
Level 1
Guildford, United Kingdom

Well, policy is bad for short term as well... Just had a request from someone who cancelled on me before, so I don't have much trust. he has agreed to pay upfront but of course he does that already through airbnb,  so no safety net for me there.  I just want to make sure he can't back out and airbnb doesn't allow me to do that.   

Tim74
Level 1
Waikoloa Village, HI

Airbnb set the cancellation policy to "flexible" on my listing. I am trying to change it to "strict 30 day", but unable to do so. What is the procedure?

Tim74
Level 1
Waikoloa Village, HI

Kaspersky internet security tells me that Airbnb has not updated their databases for cancellation policy. Does anyone have a phone number for Airbnb?

@Tim0

Here you go Tim: (855) 424-7262

Deb