checkin out one guest and checking in another on the same day.

Sonia153
Level 2
Geelong, Australia

checkin out one guest and checking in another on the same day.

We have a guest leaving one morning and another who would like to check in later the same day. As it is at the moment, the airbnb system won't allow us to accept the 2nd guests reservation. Is ther a way of being able to accept a booking for a guest arriving on the same day as another is leaving? Is there a specific setting which will allow this to happen?

I've tried by setting check out time as 12 noon and check in later at 2pm so there's no cross over, yet the reservation acceptance system won't accept it.

5 Replies 5
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You must have ticked the box to say 'allow one day prep between bookings' (or something similar). We often have guests check in and out on same day (including tomorrow)

Would you have any idea where i would find this setting? Have looked in bookings, check in, basics.... can't seem to see it.

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Go into your calendar and on the right, click Availability Settings, then Reservation Preferences, then change the Preparation Time to "None."

Ahhhh.... Bonza. problem solved. thanks all!

On the flip side, is it possible to have someone extend their stay until the morning of a day where another guest is already checking in that afternoon? I can't seem to make that work 😕 

i have set the preservation time to none and still can't seem to make it work. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!