commission percentage

Lisa-Marie12
Level 2
Quinte West, Canada

commission percentage

I set my price at $120 and as people reserve it's mentionned $96 per night for the bill. That's 20% off that I don't know where it's going... I tought Air BnB was only taking 2-3%. I am a location not an experience. Just listed a week ago

4 Replies 4
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Lisa-Marie12 you have probably set up a 20% discount for the first 3 bookings. 

I didn't set that up but now I see that the my 4th booking is at full price. Thank you 

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

@Lisa-Marie12I just looked at your listing and the price reads $89 per night.  If you are using Smart Pricing, turn it off immediately.  I receive e-mails from Airbnb telling me to lower my price to get more bookings.  Comps in my area are referenced in these messages.  Yes, very often the comp is a few dollars cheaper on the nigtly rate but the cleaning fee is $100 or more than my cleaning fee.  Bottom line, my place is the best price.

Tammy4
Level 1
Memphis, TN

Hi All,

My question is regarding management commission fee.  I am in Memphis and am down to booking, troubleshooting, writing reviews, dealing with guests by phone or in person.  This is the fifth year of being in this role for one owner of 2 properties.  So far he is paying me 15% AFTER his expenses of all income I bring in.  Is that a standard in the Airbnb business?  I also designed the spaces, had professional photos taken for site, act like it is my personal home.  I truly need feedback on this subject.

Thank you!

Tammy