guests

Mary-and-Ben0
Level 7
Boulder, CO

guests

We have a recurring issue where a guest contacts us about a same-day booking, we answer questions or make a special offer, but then don't hear back. Meanwhile it's 3pm and we don't know whether or not we have guest tonight! Is there some way of finding out if the guest books with a different host? 

Should this be a feature on Airbnb to alert hosts if the guest has selected another host?

Thanks for any tips

Ben & Mary

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Mary-and-Ben0  I can see the pride you have for your lovely home - many, many interesting pictures.  Not sure you really want to accept same day reservations (I don't), but if someone is needing to stay at your place the same day, they are probably contacting other resources which may or may not be on Air BNB.  Unless a traveler sends a booking request, they are not seriously focussed on your listing.  If they are sending inquiries, they are fishing around for the best deal.

I do recall being advised when a guest was pre-approved by me and then booked another Air BNB listing.  Haven't had that experience lately, but haven't had the situation come up either.

Good luck with your new business on Air BNB!

I would ask any same day folks to let you know as soon as they've made a decision, and maybe even set a time limit.... along the lines of  "if I haven't heard from you by 4:30 I'll assume you've found some place that is a better fit for your needs".   I also try to follow up, and ask what the deciding factor was in choosing another place.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I do take same day booking, most of my bookings are IB but not short notice for this very reason. I might be in Boulder! 

If I am here and have no plans then I just pre approve. I have 3 rooms so say I had an inquiry and no other booking that night and am in Boulder and not wishing to rush back just in case I would reply if I can accept that yes I will be back by x time and if that suits then I am happy to accept their booking request.

Sometimes you can tell that they have cut and pasted the same questions, so I do not take much notice of those and would not amend my plans.

David