help I don't feel comfortable hosting

Sara884
Level 1
Honolulu, HI

help I don't feel comfortable hosting

Hi 

I made an account that I thought I marked as that I had to approve a guest before they could come and I see a guest has been booked for tomorrow. I am new tonairbnb but I'm not comfortable with this man coming to my apartment. How can I delete m,y Airbnb account. 

Thabk uiu 

sara 

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sara884  I suggest you contact airbnb (contact info in large pinned post near top of this help forum)- the guest has instant booked (your setting were apparently what you had thought them to be)- you can't just remove your listing and leave him thinking he has a reservation. What you can do, unless you've decided, based on this one experience, that you don't want to host at all, is tell airbnb that you are a new host, didn't realize you had instant book on, and that you feel uncomfortable with this reservation. They should cancel it for you, hopefully with no penalties. 

Then, if you decide to remove your listing entirely, go to the Help section on the airbnb site and search deactivating your account.

Elizabeth429
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

@Sara884

When you first register your home in Airbnb, the settings for instant booking are already there. Many many new hosts (including myself) have learnt the hard way. I too had to cancelled my very first reservation. 

I, as you, were soooo nervous on my next few bookings I couldnt even talk to the guests without having to catch my breath 🙂

Before you cancel, take a close look to the profile of your guest. Read his reviews from other hosts. Some hosts leave OK reviews but dont recommend. He might have three OK reviews but only 1 recommendation. Pay attention to that. Another way to make sure you will feel comfortable with guests is messaging them and evaluating how they respond to you. If you dont feel safe, call Airbnb, explain the situation and they will cancell it for you.  Never cancel a confirm reservation, you might get penalised.

Success!!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Sara884,

Welcome to the Community Center. 

I was wondering if you could keep us updated about this. 

Thank you! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen