identification

Answered!
Bronwyn21
Level 2
New South Wales, Australia

identification

hello I have used airbnb previously and so far it has been so easy, but now you are required to photo your drivers licence or passport with the number showing.

Up until now I have not been asked to do this and I am not sure this would be safe.

Can anyone advise me regarding this?

Thanks

1 Best Answer
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Bronwyn21. More and more hosts require ID verification from their guests, so it seems that Airbnb is now implementing this option as a general policy. If you want to continue using Airbnb on a wider scale you'll have to do it. For example, I would not host you without ID verification - it is my requirement for guests. Email and phone number - all too easy to change.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Bronwyn21. More and more hosts require ID verification from their guests, so it seems that Airbnb is now implementing this option as a general policy. If you want to continue using Airbnb on a wider scale you'll have to do it. For example, I would not host you without ID verification - it is my requirement for guests. Email and phone number - all too easy to change.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Judith437
Level 2
Chicago, IL

I hope someone can help me.   I have a listing on Airbnb but want to add my listing number to another advertisement but don't want the potential guests to look at all of the posts in my area.   I cannot find my member or listing number to add to my Airbnb designation so they go directly to my posting!   Does anyone know how to find it?