my listing will not appear even when I type the exact name and location of my listings in search

Andy298
Level 1
Tamarindo, Costa Rica

my listing will not appear even when I type the exact name and location of my listings in search

wtf is going on here AirBnb? No one can even find my property on your site. Literally. The only way I can view the listing is sign into my account and go look at my listings. They are both active and accepting reservations... if only guest could find the listings. Anybody got an answer to why AirBnb hasnt listed my property in search?

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Andy298,

Both  your listings are visible. I searched for "entire place" accommodation in Tamarindo for the 27th to the 30th of May and both your listings showed up.

Airbnb doesn't support searching by listing name. Only a location name like Tamarindo, San José, etc. can be used in the search box.

Your-top-questions-about-Airbnb-Search

Steve.

Screenshot (86).png

Screenshot (87).png

@Andy298 as @Steve143 mentioned, the text box is only is used for location (it determines where the map is moved to). Any other text you put in there does not help find listings.

I looked in the area (without any search filters) and when the map is zoomed to your location, your listings rank  

One Bedroom Apartment: #219/300+

Private Guest House: #250/300+

Both listings have the "New" tag on them, which provides a powerful and significant boost to your search rankings. It is worrisome that despite having the "New" tag both listings are ranked so low in the search results. Once the "New" tag is no longer applied, they will drop significantly (and they are already not appearing in the top 300 for many searches).

(Not being in the top 300 for a given area of the map is why you can't see your listing when you search.)

If you can, try to figure out why your listings are so low on the list. I saw some other "New"-tagged listings also very low in the search results (one even had a highly rated host). All of these low ranked "New" listings had Instant Book off.

I don't know if turning on Instant Book is possible for you, but it seems in your area it might be a big help.

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 9.19.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 9.20.27 AM.png