"Advance Notice" note appreared in my calendar

Birgit0
Level 3
Long Beach, CA

"Advance Notice" note appreared in my calendar

I don't have instant booking on and don't require advance notice.  For the first time in 2.5 years of hosting i saw the note "advance notice" placed in my calendar for today's date.  What does this mean?

Is this another change Airbnb has made without telling the hosts?

13 Replies 13
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Birgit0  I can't imagine that airbnb would want you to require advance notice, as this just has the potential to result in less bookings. But by many accounts, their computer bot has been running amok lately. Yesterday I tried to look at listings as a guest in Chrome, and the map just kept jumping about and the listings never loaded. I tried in IE and it worked just fine.

Are you able to remove the advance notice via your settings or is it stuck there?

The note is gone today.  I guess it was a computer malfunction, like many times before.

Teresa31
Level 9
Montana, United States

@Sarah977 and @Birgit0 I have had that on my calendar lately, it's new and I've found that it has to do with the gadget that says a guest came make a reservation up until a certain time of day. 

@Teresa31  Well, in my case, I've always had an advance notice set, but it used to just appear as a line across the dates, which were also greyed out. When they recently changed the look of the calendar, they now say Advance Notice there.

Teresa31
Level 9
Montana, United States

interesting, thanks!

Nicola82
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

It keep happening to me, I might check my calendar for another purpose & keep finding days greyed out and blocked with "advance notice". I don't use intant book. Its very irritating and must be losing me business....twice in 2 days on 2 rooms now!!

Janice-And-John0
Level 2
Flagler Beach, FL

Advanced Notice keeps appearing in my calendar blocking out dates. I do not allow instant booking, I do not want that function so how can I fix this?

@Janice-And-John0    Go to your calendar page, in the top right side of the calendar click on "Availability settings" where you can change this. Don't forget to click on Save when done.

I see what hgappens, the AirBNB software sees that my 2 day advanced notice cannot be met when there is a day or 2 in between reservations so puts in the calendar the words Advanced Notice ..I do not think that is necessary but now I will ignore it..

Hi I have the same problem, i got penalised for cancellation of an instant book which i didn't reakise i had

due to my host moving on.I think penalty was 30 days which is now passed and notice Advance still there.

Let me know please if u find how to rid of it.

Tammy-and-Larry0
Level 1
London, Canada

Sarah's suggestion worked for me!  "Go to your calendar page, in the top right side of the calendar click on "Availability settings" where you can change this. Don't forget to click on Save when done."  I had mine set for 7 days' advanced notice which I now changed to 3 days notice. Thank you AirBnB friends 🙂

Hello All, This notice appears on a regular basis without making any change on my end. I am on IB as well. I log everyday and yesterday it wasn't there.

Noriko-and-Steve0
Level 1
Weaverville, NC

Advance notice refers to your reservation preferences. In my reservation preferences, I set it to a day (24hr) advance notice, so Advance notice covers the days (visually on the calendar) that are not available for a guest to book. For instance: It is now the 14th and the Advance notice tag covers today and tomorrow, showing me that a guest cannot book today or tomorrow, and that at this moment, they can only book for the 16th or after...because of my reservation preferences. If you have set your reservation preferences to two days, you will note, Advance Notice will reflect that setting on your calendar by covering today, tomorrow and the next day.