"CASE MANAGERS" do absolutely no investigation into a complaint

McKenna0
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

"CASE MANAGERS" do absolutely no investigation into a complaint

Guest booked and then cancelled when she was informed that she was booking a basement apartment, Guest tells ABB that our space is a "private room'" not an entire home. ABB considers an entire home as a private unit for the exclusive use of the guest with its own entrance, kitchen and bath which our place is. We have over 50 reviews, photos and a clear description of the property. Case manager sends an email stating guest was refunded contrary to our cancelationpolicy because our "private room" was incorrectly listed as an "entire home"  A simple look at the pics and a scan of our many 4 and 5 star reviews would have told this so called Case "manager" that the guest was absolutley full of crap. It's disgusting that these Case "managers" operate without zero accountability. All their decisions are final  and there is no one you can complain to. if you dare to call you are just run around and around. Time to take all my listings to the competition.

5 Replies 5
McKenna0
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

UPDATE, Contacted @airbnbhelp on twitter and they resolved my issues. Faith in aribnb renewed

@McKenna0 Glad to hear it!  You probably got a newbie the first time.  Doesn't hurt to get a second opinion!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the update @McKenna0, it is great to hear you have got this all sorted. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Andrew376
Level 3
New Orleans, LA

You state, "It's disgusting that these Case "managers" operate without zero accountability. All their decisions are final  and there is no one you can complain to. if you dare to call you are just run around and around. Time to take all my listings to the competition." I would agree with this statement. I am trying Twitter to see if I get any help. I am discovering that the "host gaurantee" is a falsehood. I cannot put my home at risk so will be likely to leave airbnb after six years if I cannot get resolution on my second claim, handled completely inappropriately. 

I would agree.  The Case Managers are terrible and do not seem to be accountable to anyone.  Some of them come across as poorly educated and cannot write coherently.  I thought you had to be specially trained to be a Case Manager as it`s very sensitive and mediation needs diplomacy.  Why doesn`t Airbnb address the issue of quality control for Case Managers?