refund cleaning fee

Krista6
Level 2
Charleston, SC

refund cleaning fee

I've agreed to waive the cleaning fee for a guest. Is there a way to "turn it off" for their booking or can I refund it after they book?  Any suggestions on how to handle this would be much appreciated. 

5 Replies 5
Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi, 

It sounds like they haven't booked yet so tell the guest to send you a booking request and just give them a special offer price to exclude the booking fee; the special offer option will show up next to the accept or decline.

Ama

@Amaris0 Oops! Reservation inquiry, not reservation request.  You can only send a Special Offer to inquiries.  I'm sure that's what you meant.  🙂

Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Ouch! Thanks Clare, actually I stand corrected, I didn't know it was only for inquiries; apologies Krista for the misinformation.

Many thanks,

Ama

Bevan0
Level 1
Lisburn, United Kingdom

Hi Clare how are you?

I'm new to airbandb. How much do you charge for a cleaning fee?? Or is it optional??? Do you charge a refundable deposit for lost keys and damages etc?? 

Kind regards,

Bevan

I had a reservation that cancelled on the day of check-in. I understand that as a host, I still receive payment for the reservation but how do the guests get the cleaning fee back?