refund confusion

Breck-Apartments0
Level 1
Poulton-le-Fylde, United Kingdom

refund confusion

Email from guest - booking was cancelled we didnt recieve payment but gueat wasnt refunded !!

Hi there, you have not refunded us for the above trip? Can you please do this straight away. I think it’s very out of line for you not to have done this, especially after cancelling on us to take another booking.

Our response 

Good Afternoon
We didn't take payment. Airbnb take payment then pay the apartment on day of arrival. We didn't cancel on you we offered an alternative accommodation.

(Airbnb typically releases your payout about 24 hours after your guest’s scheduled check-in time. The time it takes for the funds to arrive in your account depends on your payout method)
Please contact Airbnb they are holding your payment
Dhirindar has been fully refunded.
£159.20 x 1 night£159.20
Subtotal£159.20
Service fee£0.00
Guest refund-£159.20

This is the information on your booking
Sorry for send via the website, we do not have your email address or contact number

Kind regards

2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Breck-Apartments0

You did cancel, are you aware of the penalties that now attach? 

David
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Breck-Apartments0,

Due to you cancelling, your listing and profile now have "The host canceled this reservation 8 days before arrival" as the one and only review.

I'm a host. What penalties apply if I need to cancel a reservation?

You can point out to the guest that there's a contact link for Airbnb support in the reservation confirmation email that they received.

Steve.