reimbursement

Answered!
Liz276
Level 2
Saint-Victor, France

reimbursement

My guest booked for 4 months, then he gave notice and left after 3 1/2 months, no problems. I'd like to reimburse the last 2 weeks, he asked and I said I would, but when I go to the site and ask to send money, give the reason that the dates are changed, I have to change the boking. Did that. It was accepted. So I go back to "send some money" and the same thing happens, but the change has already been taken into account, so it all goes round in circles... Do Airbnb send the money directly??

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

Did you look into your transaction history (also: future transactions) ?

If you changed the resevation, and guest has accepted change, the financial treatment will show up into your transaction pages.

If guest has allready paid the original reservation and you received it also from Airbnb, you probably will have a negative amount in your future transaction history, which reflects the refund. Otherwise you will simply get less money, to compensate the refund.

Best regards, Emiel

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10

Hi,

Did you look into your transaction history (also: future transactions) ?

If you changed the resevation, and guest has accepted change, the financial treatment will show up into your transaction pages.

If guest has allready paid the original reservation and you received it also from Airbnb, you probably will have a negative amount in your future transaction history, which reflects the refund. Otherwise you will simply get less money, to compensate the refund.

Best regards, Emiel

Liz276
Level 2
Saint-Victor, France

Hi,

Well first of all the guest was debited 75€, most unfair I think. So I went back to the modifications page and changed the price to what I thought was fair (I had only changed the dates before). Then I got a notification that I would receive 82€. Now, following your advice, I found future transactions, and see that there are 188€ to be debited soon, which corresponds to the amount I would like him to have.

I'm still confused about the first amounts, why should I get more and he pay more money whan all I wanted was a simple partial reimbursement? 

Emiel1
Level 10

Hi,

This reservation is a "long-term-stay", and the "long-term-stay" policy applies automaticaly when it comes to cancellation or changes.

It is explained in detail here:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1361/how-do-changes-and-cancellations-work-for-long-term-reserva...

You are not obliged to refund extra money (you can even receive extra money, as you experienced) when a guests changes plans. The "long-term-stay" policy is just part of the deal and the guest accepted these terms when making the reservation.

But offcourse a special agreement regarding extra refund between you and the guest is possible. I understand the refund is now arranged as you and the guest want it to be.

Best regards,Emiel

Liz276
Level 2
Saint-Victor, France

Thanks for the last answers. Since then I see in my future payments that I have a negative amount, -105.68€, for December, but that has been the case since my guest left three weeks ago. Today is 31st December, when is that money going to come out of my account? I was expecting it to be debited from the account used for Airbnb, but now I'm wondering if it will be taken off a next rental? As I'm not going to be renting again for a few months and want to do my accounts up to the end of 2017, it would be tidier to have it sorted now. The last I heard from my guest was that he had had an email saying he would get his reimbursement, and I have heard nothing since, so can only presume he's had it. I'm confused!