reviews

Answered!
Ian505
Level 2
Xàbia, Spain

reviews

Hi...

First time poster here as I never knew about this group.

As a host if you don't leave a review on someone but they do, does that review get posted up on your property details?

I had someone stay with me and never was able to post a review as I was away. When I returned I saw the email prompt from AirB&B to write one as they did but I missed the window...I never could find there review?

thanks

1 Best Answer
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Ian505 Yes if they leave a review and you don't, you will see theirs 14 days after check out. That goes the other way around too. If you don't see a review and 14 days have passed that means they didn't leave one too. 

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Ian505 Yes if they leave a review and you don't, you will see theirs 14 days after check out. That goes the other way around too. If you don't see a review and 14 days have passed that means they didn't leave one too. 

Ian505
Level 2
Xàbia, Spain

many thanks for this

Hilary141
Level 2
Weaverville, NC

I am curious as to who reads the first part review? Initially it appeared that you were reviewing your guest and only other hosts could see it, now it appears that the guest can read it as well. I would like to let other hosts know there might be particular things to look for with certain guests.  I know that the part for giving your guest feedback is for them only. How honest is honest when giving your guests tips on improving? Its a tricky line to walk as its one stranger correcting another adult. EX...House rules say ‘don’t eat food on the bed’...your guest invites you to look at some pictures they took that day and they have bbq and French fries sitting on your duvet!!! Of course no correction on the spot but figuring out a diplomatic way to give them a heads up for their next stay.

Catherine67
Level 2
Sancreed, United Kingdom

where do I go to see what reviews have been left for me as a host? I cant find a tab for reviews.

Hilary141
Level 2
Weaverville, NC

Go to Progress tab and then Reviews and tap on that.

Teresa780
Level 2
Lebanon, MO

We just had some negative experience with a group who rented out our place. We wondered is it better to just not leave a review if it seems they will become vindictive? and if they DO write a review, does Air BNB let us they their review has been written and that our review needs to be submitted (yes, I know I receive reminders to write one throughout the 14 days, but will Air BNB let me know they wrote their review?)   We really just want to press the delete button and move forward!  just unsure how much time and energy to allow to this.

Teresa so sorry for the bad experience with your guests. If I recall correctly, you are notified that your guest has left a review but you can’t read it until you leave them one. I too wonder how beneficial it is to give ‘corrective’ feedback to our guests as it’s hard to correct another adult without them feeling insulted and possibly offended. With the few that didn’t pass with flying colors I have opted to just move on as well without leaving negative feedback.

Louise116
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi 

I have (unread as I haven't responded review) as the guest messaged with a long list of complaints and then suggested a refund before posting the review . ABB have decided this is not warranted as blackmail and the review stands.  I know it will be awful when read and if the same as the message prior to the review will be lies about the listing and personal really true accounts of me and my behaviour which just didn't happen.  I knew she was difficult about money to begin , asking for a reduction , then a complaint day before check out ...

Do I respond to her review and what's the best way without making matters worse , this has been so distressing which is odd as I've been hosting 2 houses for 10 years , but the aggression , lies and the lack of support from ABB has really made me feel exposed and upset , any suggestions on the way forward would be great 

Louise

Eric4719
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

I'd like to post a review of our wonderful stay and experience, but we missed the two-week window (WHY is there a two-week window in the first place?????).  Can somebody please help me.

@Eric4719 I suppose there has to be a cut off otherwise the hosts review of you would never get posted and a bad guest (or host) could take advantage and suppress a bad review