servicing my listing

Susan419
Level 2
Castine, ME

servicing my listing

there is a review of my listing on my page.....I have not rented my house out yet so why is there a review and how do I get rid of it?

Also, I don't know how Air B&B gets paid, how i get paid, how a use tax is calculated, who collects the cleaning fee etc.  the website is very vague.

6 Replies 6
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Susan419,

The review isn't for your listing. It's for you as a guest on an airbnb trip. Did you complete a trip with Airbnb?

When someone stays with you their review of your listing will appear where the screenshot below says "This place would love your review"

It would be a good idea to snooze your listing for a day or so until you become familiar with things like payments, fees etc.

For instructions on how to do this click on "Help" and type "snooze" in the search box.

Then type various words like "instant book", "fee", "payment", "review" in that box to see other articles.

The post below also havs many links to helpful articles.

Community-Help-Guides

When a guest books they pay immediately. Airbnb then releases the money to you 24 hours after the guest checks in. It may take a further few days to reach your account.

You specify what your cleaning fee is. Airbnb adds that to your accommodation fee and collects it from the guest as part of their payment.

Airbnb charges fees from both the guest and the host. The guest pays the fee to airbnb at booking time and they deduct the host fee when they release the guest payment to you.

All payments are through Airbnb. You should never pay or accept payments directly to or from a guest.

If you want to manually decide on which guest requests to accept then turn off instant book.

Steve.

Screenshot.png

Crustt0
Level 5
Apollo Bay, Australia

Gee you really would not want to get a guest like yourself LOL , threatening to withhold a review unless your issued with a refund is not a nice thing to do.

Your going to find out soon enough though, good luck.

Malia5
Level 1
Juneau, AK

When I originally signed up there was the ability to pay a fee upfront of approx $300?  And it helped reduce Airbnb's charges at booking time. I wasn't able to do the credit card payment at the time that I signed up, any way to go back and add the pmt now? 

percentage 

@Malia5

Must have been another site, not how ABB works.

David

Thank you David, I did look around before signing up with ABB and must have gotten confused with other sites.  

Think I saw somebody ask the same question sometime back, so you are no means the first!

Seems PAYG is becoming more the norm, personally I prefer that.

David