sharing calendars with housekeeper

Lydia2
Level 2
Mobile, AL

sharing calendars with housekeeper

I have and manage several properties and need to share or at least print the calendar of my homes to give to the housekeeper.  Does anyone know how to do that?

74 Replies 74

Yeah, thaaaat is what is missing from Google Calendar !!!!! Number of quests, how can you schedule cleaner if you don't know how many bed need to be prepared. 

I'm considering Turnover B&B.  Have you had any issues with calendar syncing?  Would you recommend this service after using it?

@Suzanne789 Hey there! It's a great service.  Do you have any specific questions about it?

Hi Tim, this sounds amazing, and the site looks great, but it seems to break down while trying to add a property. I can't get past the 4th step. It hangs up before I can get to "property address", and never lets me actually register my property.  

Edit - got it, thanks.  the interface changed as I was using it, and I guess I didn't have enough patience.  Thanks! 

Hi Tim,

Where can I get the code for the calenders you mention in your post?

Thank you in advance

Hey there @FEairbnb0, here's the proceedure to get the calendar url from Airbnb:

Calendar exporting lets you view your Airbnb calendar on an external calendar that supports the iCal format. To export your calendar in iCal format and add it to your external calendar:

1. Go to Manage Listings on airbnb
    2. Find the listing you'd like to edit and click Manage listing
    3. Click Availability
    4. Under Sync Calendars, select Export calendar
    5. Copy and paste the Airbnb calendar link into your iCal applications

Is that what you're looking for?

Tim

HI Tim, 

This looks great - but as I am seeing it the calendar only shows what day someone checks out correct?  If I wanted to add notes it would only essentially be on what reservation was checking out so no way to really notify the cleaner of how many people are coming in on the next reservation??? Especially if that changed and something came in in the meantime and would then mean the notes on the checked out res were wrong.... ???
Am I looking at it wrong?

Hey @Courtney154 

We've gotten that request a lot, so we're working with Airbnb to get a better integration with them.  Currently, the calendars we sync with don't provide number of guests. Hopefully we'll have this in the next few weeks. 

Tim

Hi Tim - literally stumbled onto this thread yesterday and signed up!
We noticed in the app that when you open a reservation in the calendar that you can no longer see which listing it is.  Is that something on your radar to improve?

Also is there a way for a cleaner to remove themselves from a turnover on the app?

Have 1 property with 4 separate listings, and a team of cleaners who take turns on the cleaning (just to give you a little background on how we need it to operate).
Also are there email reminders or app notifications to cleaners the day before?

Appreciate that you are so responsive to the comments on here!

@Jill362 Hey, thanks for the feedback.  

You should still be able to see which listing it is once you're in the edit project screen - maybe reach out to us via the chat feature on the website and show us which screen you're talking about so we can take a look. 

So, after a cleaner accepts a turnover, they can request to be removed from the project if something comes up.  You would then review the request and choose to remove them or not. 

We send a reminder to the cleaner 24 hours before an accepted project either through email or push notification on the mobile app. 

Martin819
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

why are you writing this pretending it is as owners rather than as a business. Its deceptive. It looks like a great product - just be honest.

Tim, THANK YOU!  We were having so many problems with the calendar sharing I just downloaded your app yesterday and invited my cleaning to join.  They are as excited as me!  Thank you!

Tim, I see in the past comments, somebody ask to add customized notes to each booking depends on clients requirements, or guest's cellphones. Can you told me if you can improve it in the app?

@Karo10 We have that now - in your property settings you can turn on/off displaying the calendar notes to cleaners.  We default this to off because it may or may not contain sensitive information such as guest phone number or email address. Feel free to reach out to us directly in the chat if you have any questions or need help!

Hi Tim, I received an invite from my cleaner to join.  I was wondering if I link my VRBO calendar will the cleaners see the rate amount that appears on my VRBO calendar?  Thank you Vicky