technical problem with calendar

Katie144
Level 1
Takoma Park, MD

technical problem with calendar

I blocked dates several weeks ago and just received a booking inquiry for those dates. If I look at the calendar via airbnb.com the dates are booked but if I look through an ap (ipad or iphone) the dates are not showing as blocked. This is obviously the case for potential renters since they are able to submit a request for those dates. 

There is thus a technical glitch but as far as I can find there is no way of reporting this to airbnb. 

I have reblocked the dates (and they still are not showing up as blocked when the calendar is viewed through my phone) so I'm not sure how to fix this. 

Does anyone know how to talk to someone at airbnb or report a technical glitch in the system? 

thanks - katie

8 Replies 8
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

It might sound strange, @Katie144, but it seems the best way to report something like this is to tweet to AirbnbHelp. If you do not have a Twitter account, consider setting one up just for this. It is free, and you can always delete it later if you want. You can also google the phone number for your country if you like, but that has the potential to take longer. This calendar problem needs fixing right away. 

All the best!

Thanks. I just sent a tweet. Hopefully they'll respond. I appreciate the suggestion. I ended up adding a reservation in vrbo so it would sync to the airbnb calendar and show the dates as booked. This shouldn't be necessary though. 

Liz127
Level 2
Annapolis, MD

I just had the same problem. Someone sent a booking request for dates that were unavailable. When I looked at my calendar on my computer EVERY date, including all my blocked off dates were showing as available, and some of them I am unable to change. I don't like to keep turing down requests for dates already booked. I do hope airbnb fix this glitch soon.

Hi Liz -

I have a 'case' open with the technical team who has told me it's a problem with my app but that they will continue to research it. I've forwarded your message to the person I'm corresponding with so that they know I am not the only one having this issue. I was able to get someone at airbnb's attention by sending a message through twitter to @AirbnbHelp at the wonderful suggestion of someone via this group.

Good luck & I'll let you know if I hear anything definitive from Airbnb about a fix. - Katie

Thanks Katie, though to clarify, I had the problem on my computer directy on the website. So it's not just related to the app. Do let me know if you hear anything about a fix.

Much appreciated,

Liz

My issue wasn't just in the app either ... that's just what the tech team is saying is the issue but I am arguing that it is more systemic than that and is NOT an issue unique to me or my version of the app. 

So far I haven't heard back from them but I'll keep you posted if I do. 

Marwa2
Level 1
Sacramento, CA

I have a guest who has made multiple booking and asked to make multiple changes to his initial bookings. I accomodated his changes by extending earlier bookings or cancelling one of his many bookings. however when I cancelled a booking the dates on the calendar were blocked. I need to unblock these dates, but everytime i try i see that airbnb does not allow me. Any advice?

I do not trust the app much anymore, I have had dates that o have blocked suddenly not be blocked on the app and suddenly had more beds before also.  I try to mainly use air BnB on the computer and only take bookings on the app if I have to