A solution to prevent ruined sheets

Claire1000
Level 2
New York, NY

A solution to prevent ruined sheets

Hi all -

Protecting the sheets is an issue air bnb guests and hosts both encounter. I have created a solution that saves time, money, and embarrassment all around. I will share with you here what I offer on my listing (and you are more than welcome to copy and paste it, if this is something you’d like to offer to your guests as well - just be sure to personalize it to suit your listing):

As an air bnb guest, I found myself occasionally needing something to protect the sheets of the lovely places I was renting. As an air bnb host, I found myself wanting to provide something my guests could use that would protect my sheets. In an answer to all that, I created The Layer. It is a magical piece of fabric that is soft on one side and waterproof on the other, shielding the sheets from all sorts of sexy messes. So, should you find yourself in need, you will find The Layer - sealed in an eco-friendly plastic wrap - available for you to use and take with you to use over and over and over again (it withstands 300+ washings). And if you do, we will then charge your account $45. It’s far less expensive than replacing a set of sheets and saves everyone inconvenience and embarrassment. You can find The Layer at in the master bedroom in the wicker basket.

A lovely little fabric clutch is also available for purchase, for discretely carrying The Layer to and fro. Please visit https://getthelayer.com

3 Replies 3
Claire1000
Level 2
New York, NY

* correction - I actually sell these on my website for $55. They are not cheap to produce...

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Claire1000  Personally I dislike the idea of trying to sell things to guests, I find it rather crass. They seem like a great product, but why wouldn't you simply leave them for guests to use, with instructions, rather than trying to sell them to your guests? It's one thing to have a website where you sell your product, quite another for guests to find that you'd like them to use something, yet charge them $45 for it.

Hi Sarah - 

I understand what you’re saying, but it’s simply a hygiene issue. Once someone has soiled this blanket, it’s really not something you want to recycle for someone else. It’s very personal - like a pair of underwear. And then when they purchase it,  they have it to use for a very long time. It’s a terrific product and is extremely durable.