Accurate Response Rate Not Being Reflected

Accurate Response Rate Not Being Reflected

A few hosts have commented on their response rate not accurately reflecting their actual responses.

Because I am having the same experience, I contacted Airbnb two days ago about my response rating not accurately reflecting my responses according to THEIR definition.

Their reply: The number we see is based on the past 12 months (or maybe from 1 Jan ... ?) and not on the past 30 days (90 if fewer than 10 messages). This number is not visible to guests (anyone have feedback on whether this is accurate or not?). The response ratings for the past 30 days will be visible on the listing details itself; this feature is being rolled out so some of us may see it, while others will be seeing it at a later date. I don't see my response rating yet, but I'll be watching for it.

To see where the response rate will be located, go to your listing and scroll all the way down to your profile located immediately above the map. Airbnb rep says they'll be placing the rating in the blank space to the right of About the Host/Contact Host.

Hope this helps (and I [emphasized] hope the CSR was giving me accurate information--to his credit, the CSR put me on hold several times to get indepth information from staff who knew more about this issue).

Airbnb Response Rating in Community Center.png

Hosting since Thanksgiving Day 2012 and over 1,000 stays. May you ever be the benevolent ruler of your own domain--YOUR life. Allow no other to rule over it.
2 Replies 2
Olga5
Level 2
Greece

Hello Fiona,

I got the same notification. My response rate is 80% as I have delayed some replies to spam accounts or people writing their phone numbers with letters etc. I have reported these messages to Airbnb and still they lower my reponse rate to 80% which is ok but now I have received the notification that my account will be suspended for low response rate (!)

Please keep me posted on how it works out for you,

Thank you

Deborah30
Level 2
Woodbury, NJ

It seems to me that I often do not get credit for a timely response from my iPad.       I have not had any problems when responding from inside the app on my computer using Chrome browser.  I'm curious if others are experiencing the same issues with the mobile app.