Additional Pricing Options

Lizzie3
Level 1
Portsmouth, United Kingdom

Additional Pricing Options

I wish to add a weekly/monthly discount and cleaning fee.

However, when I choose the pricing settings option next to my calendar, I only see information about 'Smart Pricing' and there is no option to choose 'Additional Pricing' for long term stays.

Please can you help?

17 Replies 17
Matt26
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Lizzie3,

The pricing options you're looking for are there; they're just hidding. Look at the bottom under smart pricing and you'll see a header called "Long-term pricing", immediately below "Base price". Depending on your screen size, you might have to scroll the page down a bit to see the option.

(If you found my response useful, give it a thumbs up!)

Lizzie3
Level 1
Portsmouth, United Kingdom

Hi Matt

Thank you so much for your reply.  I have tried to do what you suggest and scroll down to see 'Longer Term Pricing' but it isn't working and I can still only see information about smart pricing 😞

On my laptop I can see the additional rate options. Can't see/find where a service fee for cleaning or pet fee can be posted to appear on an inquiry or booking request. Would be a real pain to have to remember to add either one and then wait for the guest to re-approve. 

I'm not going to use the smart option. Previous pricing tips have been way off for my 4 bedroom rental because most of the ABB listings are for private rooms or smaller homes. So for now, I'm not convinced smart pricing would work to get me a higher rate, since I've always been encouraged to downgrade my rate. The higher rates I've set aren't a problem with a competitior listing. calendar is steadily filled. For now, not buying into the smart pricing concept.

As a host not using smart pricing, not a fan of having the rate section 'squashed to fit alongside the calendar. Give me a data input screen with adequate display for a very important piece of my rental operations. Not a smart implementation idea in my opinion. 

I can't find the Additional Pricing Option. Just tried what Matt described to Lizzie:

"The pricing options you're looking for are there; they're just hidding. Look at the bottom under smart pricing and you'll see a header called "Long-term pricing", immediately below "Base price". Depending on your screen size, you might have to scroll the page down a bit to see the option."

Someone please help. I cannot get my laptop screen to move below Smart Pricing...to see what/if something is below.

I really need to get to the security deposit option.

Thank you.

Renee

Have you figured this out? I am a new host with the same problem. 

Hi Renee,

Have you figured this out? I am a new host with the same problem.

-Nina

Candy2
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I too have this problem. Does it work on some browsers and not on others? The weird thing is I've done it before but now cannot find the option.

Jill-and-John0
Level 2
California, United States

Thanks for the tip, but I still don't see it.  Any other idea's?

Thanks,

Jill

Paul247
Level 1
Cave Creek, AZ

I have the same issue - I see the Additional Pricing tab, but the only items there are weekly and monthy discounts.  Nothing for cleaning fee or security deposit.

Dana28
Level 2
Biloxi, MS

Go in to Preview your listing. You will see red "edit" words next to your description and so forth. Scroll down to the Pricing section. You can add weekly/monthly discounts by clicking on the "Discount" option. To add a cleaning fee, simply click on the "Other fees" section and you will be able to add or edit your cleaning fee. Hope this helps!

Thanks, but I don't get the "Other Fees" option.

Help. I'm "ready to publish" but like so many others can't figure out how to set cleaning fee ("Additional Pricing Options" doesn't show up under "Price Settings" like their Help site says it does). Any suggestions, greatly appreeciated. Thanks.

@Steve160 Try reaching out to Airbnb. Not sure we can help you?

Hi,

You have likely already figured this out but thought I would write this for others who are having the same problem, as we were. I just emailed AirBnB regarding this, as well as about changing the Cancellation Policy. I was told that the options to make these changes only appear after the listing is published. At that point you can "Snooze" or Temporarily deactivate your listing so you don't receive any enquiries or requests while you make these changes. Hope that helps!