Advertising a property

Tim655
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Advertising a property

Recently went though the procedure to advertise our property in southern France, but didn't go through with it because I must be in the wrong place.  The third step is asking me to complete the details of phone numbers so I can expect calls (but we're nowhere near that stage yet) I want to find out about the process in order to get the property vetted, find out if its suitable and what needs to be done.  If what I read ticks the boxes and I'm ok with the fees, we have a clear understanding of everything.

The other thing its suggesting is hosting  Please could you advise?  

5 Replies 5
Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Tim655 Hi there! It sounds to me like you are in the research stage of your listing process and you need some direct input from an expert. I recommend doing a search for a management company in France, where your property is located, and ask for their expertise.

Since you are across the channel from your listing, you’ll probably not be managing it day-to-day anyway, so establishing whether you have a good, reliable management company should be step 1 for you I think.

Best of luck!

Tim655
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Good of you to reply, thank you Ben.

A management company, can't I do it through airbnb.

Tim655
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for your sound advice, I was hoping that there would be a way of addressing any issues through airbnb.

have I got this completely wrong?  We've got a person who gets the house ready supplies keys, makes the beds, gets the house ready for the next person.  I wanted to find out and address things like access to the roof terrace and other hoops I need to go through to meet airbnb's criteria.

I guess if I don't hear back that means I'm not able to do it through aribnb, I which case thank you for your help

Tim Whiteside  

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Tim655

Firstly we are a community of hosts and guests here to talk about airbnb issues.

Sorry but your posts aren't terribly clear so it is difficult to help you.

Which issues specifically are you looking to address through Airbnb that you feel you can't address?

If  you want to contact Aibnb all the ways of doing so are outlined in the Contact Airbnb post in the Help Forum.

@Tim655

If you have a co-host as you claim, Airbnb may be perfect for you.

It sounds like you are bogged down in the details. 

From airbnb's viewpoint, any listing is good - it brings in money. From a guests point of view, any listing is good, provided it's priced well.

My advice would be to go slow with a bare-bone listing. No access to public roof terrace. No special services that are difficult to explain. Just a clean bed, bathroom with an easy checkin process.

The first step for you to learn about Airbnb is to be an Airbnb guest. It's a cheap way to find out about the system