Airbnb Academic Research Survey

Claire341
Level 1
Broken Arrow, OK

Airbnb Academic Research Survey

Einfluss der gemeinsamen Wirtschaft auf den Tourismus im Mittelrhein / Impact of Shared Economy on Tourism in the Middle Rhine

Hallo,

mein Name ist Claire ***. Ich bin Studentin der Universität von Arkansas und ich arbeite derzeit an einem eine Forschungsprojekt

über der Einfluss der gemeinsamen Wirtschaft auf den Tourismus im Mittelrhein. Ich erforsche, wenn überhaupt die Einfluss von Airbnb auf den Tourismus im Mittelrhein hat. Bitte helfen Sie mir, meine Forschung vollständig durch die Online-Umfrage unter folgendem Link abzuschließen: Impact of Airbnb on the Tourism Economy - Airbnb. Es ist in beides Deutsch und Englisch.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Claire

Hello,

My name is Claire ***. I am a student of the University of Arkansas and I am currently working on a research project, the Impact of Shared Economy on Tourism in the Middle Rhine. I am researching what, if any, impact Airbnb has had on tourism in the Middle Rhine. Please help me complete my research by complete the online survey at the following link: Impact of Airbnb on the Tourism Economy - Airbnb. Es ist in beides Englisch und Deutsch. 

Claire ***

Risks and Benefits: There are no anticipated risks to participating in the study. There are no benefits other than contributing to this study. If you would like a copy of the final report, please let the researcher know.

Voluntary Participation: Your participation in the research is completely voluntary. If you choose to participate and complete the questionnaires, you may leave any items blank that you do not want to answer.  You may withdraw from the survey at any time without consequence to you.  It should take you about 15 minutes to complete the questionnaire.

Confidentiality: All responses will be kept confidential. A non-contribution format will be used, and no data will be reported in a manner that would allow a reader to associate any responses to individual respondents. All data will be kept confidential to the extent allowed by law and University policy. All data will be combined and only group summaries will be included in the survey reports. Results from the research will be reported as aggregate data.

Right to Withdraw: You are free to refuse to participate in the research and to withdraw from this study at any time. Your decision to withdraw will bring no negative consequences — no penalty to you.

If you have any questions or concerns about this study you may contact me for my advisor's information. For questions or concerns about your rights as a research participant, please contact Ro ***, the University’s Compliance Coordinator, at *** or by e-mail at ***. For reference, the approval number is IRB # 16-11-245.

[personal information removed]

3 Replies 3
Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

@Claire341 This is a host's forum where hosts try to share experience and advice with others. It is not a forum for students who want help with their research papers.

@Claire341 I am also planning a research project on Airbnb. How did you obtain informed consent fom Airbnb, Inc to perform the research. Airbnb is not assisting me in providing a letter of informed consent to perform my research study. Who did you contact. Your assistance in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Hi Ryan,

As I used publically accessible data, I didn't obtain informed consent from Airbnb. I delevoped the informed consent form for respondents with my university's ethichal research depapartment. Overall, I switched up my research approach- due to issues in getting responses. 

I ended up using data from AirDNA and Inside Airbnb. My research was more quantitative in nature, so I was able to utilize some of the preexisting data sets they had. Granted, my resources were pretty limited as an undergrad.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

Claire