Airbnb Cannibalizing Its Own Marketplace...

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Airbnb Cannibalizing Its Own Marketplace...

So while we're all over here stressing and obsessing about the horribly abusive Airbnb ratings and review system, and selling our souls to cling onto to the utterly worthless Superhost Status, here's what's been happening in the real Airbnb world. "Valued community" - meet your new competition.... 

"Airbnb's Acquistion of Property Management Company Luckey Homes (Paris, London, Toronto) Leads To Concerns Among Property Managers and Hosts About Airbnb's True Intentions"....

https://www.vrmintel.com/airbnbs-acquisition-of-property-management-company-luckey-homes-leads-to-co...

https://skift.com/2018/12/12/airbnb-buys-french-property-services-firm-luckey-homes/

5 Replies 5
Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Well at least they see some upside to the business 🙂

If they would fix the way pricing is shown on the web I'd have a little more faith. It's still a race to the bottom unless local regs control the number of Airbnb units. Seems like a lot of work owning actual apts rather than just collecting 10% of every booking

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

What a strange world we live in. Half the planet trying to save it, the other half focused only on their own greed. Perhaps it has always been so, but seems so much more blatant now. Sure wish some real people with soul would come up with a new hosting platform for those of us who still value human interaction, generosity and true sharing.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sarah977

you have a way of simply putting things so well Sarah.

Cheers.....Rob

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 Just greed, pure and simple.  Airbnb are no better than the current British Government, not interested in the people they are supposed to represent, just interested in furthering their own dubious interests.  My mum used to tell me, when I got too full of myself, that "there'll be tears before bedtime" and she was usually right!

Yes, the saying 'pride before a fall ' is true. I am wondering where this will all end.