Airbnb too good for Gregorian Calendar

Giulia297
Level 7
Durham, NC

Airbnb too good for Gregorian Calendar

In October 1582 Pope Gregory XIII introduced the Gregorian Calendar. It became universally accepted until September 2018, when a company called Airbnb decided to change the month structure and made the month of September 50 days long

9B471CAA-A6FC-4F53-A13A-D16A6A94ACA8.png

28 Replies 28
Giulia297
Level 7
Durham, NC

Update: I just had a guest cancel and the number of available nights in September went up to 51!

Hi @Giulia297 ,

cancel all Your september reservations. Maybe the nights bookable will go up to 60.

Then rebook 60 nights, thats double income.

@Ute42 clearly you haven't been following the news. Hosts who cancel reservations lose Superhost Status and are immediatelly subjected to torture by goat licking (Ref: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1120948/) 

I'd much prefer to take a goat licking all day long, than the torture of having to deal with Airbnb's incompetence and ineptitude. 

What an absolute farce. And millions of people around the world trust this lot with handling their money?? 

@Susan17 Goat licking! That's a good one 🙂 

Can you help me 

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Kimberly54
Level 10
San Diego, CA

Hi @Giulia297,

Does this get to apply to ALL of us?  Do we actually get extra days? (and what would we do with them?  How many are weekends??)  What does the IRS think about my September Estimated Tax Payment being floated around?  Hummmmm.... Could we get dibs on extra days during a different month?  I'd like December... but 10 days is a lot.  I'd want the weekend question answered upfront.

Of course this is some silly mistake and it's up to you to figure it out. (I am in a different situation, but similar space, BTW.  Totally feel your pain--NOT KIDDING.)

This is what happens when a company grows too big, too fast.  Stuff like this happens and there is no one there to answer anything. 

I'm really sorry for you for this.  Maybe they think your cleaning fees are too high. (KIDDING! KIDDING!)

Hang in there, and let us know when Christmas is this year?

*)

Kim

@Kimberly54,

yes, I'd also like to know when the airbnb Santa Claus

will bring his bag full of new requirements this year.

@Kimberly54 it applies to everyone, everywhere. The IRS will start implementing a revised taxation calendar in 2034, when they can figure out how.  All other months remain the same, except for December, where days will be calculated on the Venusian calendar (1 day= 2802 hours). Each December day can of course only accomodate one booking and guests may request late checkout (a 550 hour extension). 

Weekends are abolished, haven't you heard? 

I'm about to go on the job market for a data science job, I'm guessing Airbnb could use some help!

@Giulia297, this is actually very exciting... does it START in September?  This is important to know.  (Except IRS.  This was important information.  Thank you.)

Then, the Franklin/Covey planner I've been using for the last 37 years... I should call them right away.  Wow.  Talk about a format change!

NO WAY about the weekends. 

AirBnBcould use a LOT of help.  Happy to give you a reference. (I haven't ticked anyone off there...being realllly nice and trying to get things DONE.)

Not giving up weekends.

Be strong!

Kim

@Kimberly54 If you want to keep the weekends you have to agree to a Flexible cancellation policy which means that you may make weekend plans for yourself but they may be cancelled on the same day with no explanation even if you've already booked flights and  packed your bags . Also, make sure to maintain a review rate of 4.7 or your weekends MAY be shut down immediately. There is no appeal.

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Giulia297 I've found the problem - they are sharing our days! I have 4 listings and in September my total of booked plus available nights is 117 - so you have 3 of my days - could I have them back please? In October I have 11 nights missing - anyone have some to spare?

@Gillian19 if I do, will you be able to handle 32 degree , 80% humidity North Carolina Septemeber days in your Sydney spring? You also have to take the mosquitoes.