Allow Us Custom Cleaning Fees!!

Martin280
Level 10
New York, NY

Allow Us Custom Cleaning Fees!!

Okay, I've looked at other posts and this has been mentioned time and again. 

Let us set custom cleaning fees based on trip length and number of guests! 

Let us remove cleaning fees for set dates on our calendar!

I can't manage my calendar effectively when I have 4 days open in a row on my calendar for example. If someone books the entire four days I want them to pay the full cleaning fee. It's reasonable then. But if someone is staying only 1 day I want them to pay a lot less. But I can't do this with the current system. So it hurts me for people who want to book single days because the rate seems exorbitant, because it's reasonable for someone whose booking it for all four days. 

This is ridiculous airbnb. Let us change this so that we don't have this yo-yo pricing on our calendar because we're trying to hedge which type of reservation we might get and base our pricing on that including the cleaning. 

I'm like other hosts, there is NO way I'm not charging for cleaning. It takes 9 hours to clean the entire apartment and some people are slobs. 

8 Replies 8
TracieandJason0
Level 8
Philadelphia, PA

@Martin280 I agree with your post. This doesn't really address the airbnb end but on your end, for now you can just reimburse guest through the resolution center? I've had guests who rebooked without extending a current reservation or who checked in late due to my fault and I just reimburse these guests the cleaning fee.

Kim944
Level 1
Boothbay, ME

Airbnb has been a viable rental property platform for more than a decade. It is my understanding that there are numerous others like myself who need to have the ability to customize the cleaning fees based on length of stay.

I have called Airbnb Support about this numerous times in my 6 months as a property Owner/ Host. Airbnb told me they hear this complaint frequently and suggest I put my complaint in writing, so the Airbnb management will read/see/learn of omissions in the Owner Platform and get addressed/changed and improved. But THAT has not been the case either!

Apparently the "right" people in Airbnb are NOT reading or adressing legitimate issues/concerns/platform delinquencies. Evidently Case

managers and Technical support staff are not reading these comments either because there has been no change.

As a property owner who uses this platform to rent my seasonal cottage, I have explained that in Spring and Autumn, which are the "shoulder Seasons" to the height of my Peak Summer Rental periods, I will rent for shorer spans of time and the cleaning fee should reflect this. If a traveler sees the cleaning fee costs as much as one rental night, of course s/he is not going to book- that is not logical. In contrast during Peak summer weeks I only rent in blocks of seven nights, and the cleaning fee is necessarily commeasrant, much higher for that amount of rental time. Their currant system/ algorythm NEEDS TO & SHOULD slow for this.

PLEASE ADJUST & REMEDY THIS ISSUE.

It is logical and reasonable to vary the prices charged for cleaning.

The way their Cleaning fee system is now is poorly set up: we, the owner community, are only able to list one cleaning fee. So for example if a guest wants to stay for one night in May, the cleaning fee is $25, but a 7 night rental is $125.  they will be charged the same amount as a guest staying seven nights in August. That does not make sense so I have to list a very low cleaning fee in order to attract shorter rental periods....and then explain in a text thread to that renter requests that the fee is higher since their stay is longer.

Much agree with you. But I saw that with time pass by airbnb staff has got more stubborn and "deaf" to common sense requests

Kim944
Level 1
Boothbay, ME

And their reply button is poorly placed because as I have been attempting to edit my own comments it was submitted prematurely. My apologies to the community for the previous unfinished edited version above but hopefully the point is made and somebody in management at Airbnb will pay attention to these comments and make necessary changes to their algorithms and the owner platform.

This is not a difficult task for them to manage and yet it is consistently ignored which is very frustrating especially considering the 15 to 20% service fee they charge Travelers to rent mine and other owners properties.

PS. The Airbnb competition for rental properties does allow 4 varying prices to be posted for cleaning as well as pet fees. You would think that they would pay attention to the competition if they won't listen to their own owner community.

Mika8
Level 10
Zürich, Switzerland

@Martin280@Kim944  .. sorry, but this is easy to fix. If you think that there is a certain amount of additional cleaning fees per day, then just calculate this amoutn into the room rate.

For example let us take Kim's listing:

Now it costs 99.- per night and 75.- for cleaning, 

makes 174.- for one night (quiet nobody would rent it)

or 768.- for 7 nights

But she wrote, that she thinks cleaning fee of 25.- would be fine for one day and 125.- for 7 days. 

If Kim take 115.- per night and 20.- for cleaning

then it costs 135.- per night (a bit more then Kim stated with the 25.- cleaning fee, but ok, and and a chance to rent it)

or 825.- for 7 nights (which is like 7*99.- plus 125.- cleaning fee)

Sometimes you just have tu use the given options.

Jennie131
Level 10
Rapid City, SD

Agreed. I got the dreaded four stars, which we all know is a failure in this system, because the guest stayed one night and thought the cleaning fee was too high for a one night stay. It's a three bedroom, 2.5 bath house with a kitchen, dining room, living room, patio, and carriage house. Longer stays do require more cleaning. 
I ended up removing the cleaning fee entirely, and jacking up my per night fee. So they do pay for it, but I guess the guests think they are getting a bargain? 
If there was a possibility of adding a cleaning fee that is incremental according to the length of stay, I would absolutely do that. 

Karol22
Level 10
SF, CA

Hi @Martin280 you can add a management fee or linens fee to your listing and set it as a percentage per night. You can set a lower cleaning fee and your management fee can be added on top of the accommodation fare. I know this might not be exactly what you're looking for but it is one way to get a similar outcome.

How do you add the mgmt fee?  I am not seeing this in my options.