Amazing/heartwarming guest stories

Amazing/heartwarming guest stories

Does anyone know if there is something like this that already exists?...

Keeping with the sort of gamification on Airbnb (badges, special banners on your listing, levels etc.), I wish there was a way to nominate one of these little tokens for guests who show above and beyond levels of kindness and human connection.   If you have ever had a guest like this let's start chatting about it and get the Airbnb team's attention. 

The guest that made me think of this...

My husband's mother is one of the most amazing people I have ever met and she is in her final days.  I have been frantic all day trying to be strong for him, helping him with travel arrangements, turning over our Airbnb that is in the other unit of our house.  When our guest rang the doorbell to get help geting in (because I messed up the code), I completely broke down. Within minutes our guests were holding me while I sobbed and they have since then checked on me since my husband has already left town to make sure I let them know if I need anything...that is what I am suppose to be saying to them!  

Anyway, bringing strangers together in a way that they can have that type of instant human connection is a pretty amazing thing (we have had over a hundred groups in the last couple of years so I know that this is not every guest, but I wish there was a way to make those ones stand out or be recognized in some way). 

10 Replies 10
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Give them an amazing review, @Chelsie-And-Kevin0. It's all we can do at present. There is a superguest program coming, so perhaps there will be a box to tick for recommendations for that? Who knows. I do completely understand your beautiful weepy gratitude. It's nice to find such kindness when you are in the midst of worry and pain. Sorry for your loss.

Of course! I think I maxed out the character limit on reviews gushing over how much everything they did meant to me. Thanks!

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Good post @Chelsie-And-Kevin0. I have three repeating guests that are terminally ill because they must have  'something to look forward to'. Someday I know their reserved days will finally not be filled. 

Fred, I took a look at your listing and I totally understand why staying there might be something to look forward to and why the keep coming back! Your place looks beautiful!  We actually have family in Belize and I am going to save your listing for the next time we make it out there to visit. 😄 

One lady has come now for the third time, and feels as long she books, she be back. Airbnb would be wise to do a good-will ad campaign on 'How Airbnb Has Changed Some People's Lives'. Imagine the stories.

@Fred13 Hello and your idea is great!

Here's a story for you! One of those that is a life changer! Thought you'd want to read this one.

Its a personal one for me. All the best to you, Clara

https://learnairbnb.com/tragedy-superhost-airbnb-story/

Exactly the type of story I was thinking. It has undoubtedly given so many a 'purpose', an avenue of expression and above all an opportunity to connect with people because it is not a lonely pursuit. 

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

I’d like to nominate my guests from two nights ago who on the way to me came across a rolled truck  down a bank on the motorway. Due to his injuries and position they couldn’t extract him but they stayed with him, held his hand and kept him talking until the emergency services got there. They apologised to me for turning up grubby bless them. 

I was so happy to tell them yesterday that although bloodied and bruised he is going to be ok. 

Id like to think most people would do this also but still ..they get a medal from me 😉 🥇

Amy38
Level 10
Nashville, TN

A lovely idea but I think it would fast become an expected badge to award and as such, meaningles without any tetails of their “specialness”.

Tee6
Level 2
Maryland, United States

I totally agree with this proposal...we’ve had some lovely guests that we can not say enough positive comments about and unfortunately several incompetent disrespectful guests (including ones who severely damaged our property) who we can not say sufficent negative and precautionary comments about.... it has made us so wary of guests without ratings that we fear renting to newbies....a treasured guest status would be awesome!