Another unannounced “improvement” creates dysfunction

Susan1028
Level 10
Oregon, US

Another unannounced “improvement” creates dysfunction

I can’t accept bookings.  Guests can’t access the platform and are reporting hijacked accounts with unauthorized transactions.  Other hosts are reporting missing payments and fund transfers....

I had a banner day yesterday with new summer bookings.  Then all of a sudden  I went to accept another for a 5-star guest and got an error message saying “ something went wrong, try again later.”  So I did...on 3 different devices, fir 12 hours.  Same error message, and now I’m having problems signing into my account.

Called “super host support” 3 times.  No resolution. One very rude supervisorrevealed there’s been a new global “platform improvement” rolled out and insisted it was my web browser at fault,  which can’t be the case because I use 3 different ones on my 3 devices to avoid problems like this, and then went on to tell me the app would solve all my problems...but that’s malfunctioning too.

12 hours later I’m still waiting for a call back from another rep who was apologetic and admitted there was an internal problem, and my booking request is soon to expire...and guess who will lose the booking and get “demerits” for not responding timely?

A web search reveals everyone’s been having issues with Airbnb in the past few days (5/9-5/16/19) with everything from hijacked  accounts, missing funds, associated credit card fraud, to being blocked, guest reports of being stranded in foreign countries, potential guests being unable to access the site to search for listings, hosts being unable to communicate with guests or solve urgent remote issues, and myriad excuses by “support” with no resolution...

... and nothing here either?

Reports include dysfunction with the website, app, and most of all “customer service/support” from guests and hosts alike.

Anyone found any workarounds?

25 Replies 25
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Susan1028 

yes, something is going on obviously... one host also posted yesterday how he can't relist his 4 seasonal properties and he is unable to create new listings ( he has 2  active listings currently)

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

@Susan1028  so sorry,  I can't offer a solution--only that I seem to have similar issues when trying to reply to booking requests, etc.   I lost my 100% response rate because of this "crap" and CS was less than helpful.  So frustrated with Airbnb!

I’m about to as well, not being able to accept or decline.  I documented everything, but if everyone’s having issues I doubt they’ll just clear the slate...or maybe they will?

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Susan1028 I have no help to offer, either, but in the same time period, every time I make and save a change to one of my listings, it says it is now "Unlisted."  So add that to the list...

Something’s definitely up...

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Susan1028, there are also some issues happening with Verified government IDs not being listed on a guest's profile. I just had a guest instant book without my requirement of a government ID. When I asked support about it, they said this was a tech error and that she (the guest) did have an uploaded ID. But I am pretty sure that this guest is a he. So I do not fell too reassured that support was actually looking at a photo ID.

That’s not OK either ...

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

The House of Cards is starting to look very, very shaky... 

@Susan0

That IPO May end up like Uber’s.

These .com platforms don’t actually have any assets except digital ones.  If there’s a malfunction the whole thing becomes moot....except if our personal info and the financials are compromised/hacked....Then there are serious issues...for us.

Susan1028
Level 10
Oregon, US

I’ve talked to 5 CS reps and none can help or facilitate the acceptance of the booking...which has now expired and of course they aren’t going to say “yes, it’s utter chaos here” but I could hear the background din of many voices speaking at once there.

Some of the external blogs are mentioning platform issues for Instagram and Facebook as well.

Maybe Potus has pissed off one too many leaders and their hackers are retaliating?

@Susan1028   I wouldn't be too surprised.  This just seems to get worse and worse.  Now I can't even save changes to my booking requirements!   

@Susan1028 Bingo.

Susan1028
Level 10
Oregon, US

Where’s @Ben0 in New Zealand with this?

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Susan1028 After reading this this morning, I changed my password and reloaded on all devices.  Just to be safe.