Anyone a host in Washoe County, NV (Lake Tahoe) and get an email about Occupancy Tax?

Diane3
Level 1
Incline Village, NV

Anyone a host in Washoe County, NV (Lake Tahoe) and get an email about Occupancy Tax?

I am a host in North Lake Tahoe. Back in July I got an email from Airbnb letting me know that as of July 15th there would be an option for hosts in Washoe County to "turn on collection of Occupancy Taxes" that would be sent to me as a payout. I would then be responsible to remit the tax (as I already do) to the tax dept at Washoe County. This sounds great as the tax would automatically be calculated and collected by Airbnb. There were instructions on how to access this feature-- but when I tried to utilize this function as instructed it did not exist. I have repeatedly tried to contact Airbnb and have only received one standard "thanks for your question we'll get back to you" email. It's been weeks and I'm frustrated by the dead end response. Just wondering if anyone else out there in Washoe County/Lake Tahoe has any knowledge of this feature or better luck with implementing the tax collection feature.

1 Reply 1
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Hi @Diane3 your best bet is to contact Airbnb by twitter on @Airbnbhelp.  They respond pretty quickly and get you to someone who can help.  Good luck!