Base price then increase with additional guests

Nick86
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Base price then increase with additional guests

I have set a base price for two people and then want to increase price based on more people.

So I set number of guests to two, then put a price for each additional person up to six. But when I preview the booking I can only book for two.

I want it to appear in all searches up to my limit of six people with the calculated price.how do i do that?

Thanks

7 Replies 7
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Ooops, @Nick86  go to edit your listing and scroll down to "property and guests", click edit and alter the number of total guests allowed from 2 to 6

Nick86
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks But if I do that how do I make the extra charge kick in for more than 2 people? Won't that allow 6 people to stay for the price of 2?

Nick86
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks

Working as hoped

I want to do this as well however, when I go to edit the number of total guests allowed, it does not allow a range of numbers.  Help!  🙂

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Nick86   What will happen if you follow the edit suggestion from @Jeff158 , is that if more than 2 people book, Air BNB will calculate the nighltly rate based on your extra guest over 2 fee.   Good luck!

@Linda108, I do not get the option to offer a range.  And where do we let AirBnB know how much we want to increase the price for each additional person?  Thanks for any help you can give.

Assuming a computer not a device, which may look different, go to edit pricing, scroll to extra charges and edit extra guests to the price per guest over 2.  So you can accommodate a total of 5, but your nightly price is for 2  guests.  You edit to charge $X per guest over 2.