Beta Smart Pricing

Aj0
Level 3
New South Wales, Australia

Beta Smart Pricing

Hi All,

Has anyone noticed any issues with smart pricing?

Mine is now currently showing $14 per night min with a max of $0. I have a base price but I have noticed the price has dropped below that. Airbnb hopefully you will see this and be able to investigate/ respond.

Thanks Allan

13 Replies 13
Elise-and-Frank0
Level 9
Arroyo Grande, CA

You should have control over the min and max prices, which can be higher or lower than your base price you set. Since Smart Pricing only goes 4 months out, anyone looking for dates further than 4 months will see and book at your base rate.

Elise
Aj0
Level 3

Thanks Elise,

Neglected to say that was the recommended tip price which I just ignored and does not seem correct. 

Cheers Allan. 

Hi I'm having the same problem.

Smart pricing is OFF and my base price is there at $300 a night but still comes up as $77 for some nights to book?

Does anyone know how to email air bnb direct?

Lisa -- 

If Airbnb does not fix this error timely, you will need to do a special offer to any guests inquiries so your pricing is corrected.  Usually, when I find an error such as pricing, I call them right away.  But you'll also have to make sure your guest knows that it is a app formula error and not you trying to gouge them.  Again, I contact Airbnb right away to correct because sometimes it will take 2 or 3 days for the app to catch up with the programming corrections.

Aj0
Level 3

Hi Lisa,

I would hve assumed if Smart pricing is OFF then original pricing would apply.

You have to go through Help to email airbnb direct and if someone books you can email them direct about the request/ reserveration directly, as I have done in the past when there has been a price issue with a guest.

The mobile app was an issue in the past, so I always use GC on the desktop.

Cheers Allan

Peter37
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I always found that Smart Pricing gave me unrealistic prices, so I gave up on it. I found it better to eyeball what other similar properies were charging in the same area.

Aj0
Level 3

Agree Peter but I would like to rely on it like all the functionality we do. As I have been undercharging according to smart pricing.

Hi Peter, can you please tell me how did you turn off the Smart pricing? Thank you! Antonija

I agree with Peter -- I manually set my prices based on those in my area with similar listing and try to stay smack dab in the middle.  I have been pretty successful in getting bookings at least once or twice a month and I am in a location that is not high traffic area for vacationers or tourist.

Thank you. I will try to do the same. Regards, Antonija

Aj0
Level 3

I am stil using Smart Pricing but I was already booked out 6 months in advance. So it is difficult for me to guage how it would work if I was not. I am monitoring it regularly and it is still Beta so time will tell.

My base price is $155 and Smart Pricing listed my place at $110 for Memorial Day weekend without my knowledge, so I actually lost money on that one. It seems to be harder and harder to contact Airbnb directly.

Aj0
Level 3

Interesting. Yes it is hard to contact Airbnb even as a super host. Expect there are most probably so many, it is impossible to report to all. I am sure there is a logical explanation.