Blocked dates

Cynthia194
Level 2
Long Beach, CA

Blocked dates

I clearly blocked some dates on my calendars for personal reasons.  How was a potential guest able to request those dates???

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Cynthia194 

Then the dates are not blocked !

(i know it is a stupid answer...)

You have two listings, did you check on the specific listing the dates were blocked ?

Best regards,Emiel

The dates for both rooms were definitely blocked.  When I did it .. I checked and double checked to make sure.    Regards... Cynthia

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Cynthia194, was it a request or enquiry? Guests can only request dates that are available, so they must not have been blocked. I believe an enquiry might work differently - they can just contact you and ask for dates. I've had this happen when my calendar has been booked or blocked and someone has messaged me asking if they can book anyway (which is weird and annoying).

You got me thinking that maybe I missed that.  So I went back and checked.  It was a request not an inquiry.  Also the last day of the original days I had blocked still has my personal note on it.  I'm very upset because I am a super host and did not want to jeopardize my status so I accepted the reservation.  Now I have to put some home repairs on hold and rearrange my schedule.  Ugh!   Thanks for responding.  Cyn

Kaylee18
Level 10
Hamilton, Canada

@Cynthia194   Sometimes when I block off dates using the mobile app, a few seconds  later they unblock on their own, so I have to re-block them. Must be a glitch. But maybe thats what happened with you as well. 

I always triple check now when I block dates off since I have to re-do it all the time! 

Well, I blocked the original dates from my laptop, not my phone so that wasn't the problem.  However, I will take your advice and keep checking next time...  although that doesn't seem right.  Oh well...  I'll be blocking off more dates soon because I am dog sitting for 10 days.  I will be more vigilant about checking it now.  Thanks for responding...  Cyn