Booking not appearing in calendar

Rob69
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Booking not appearing in calendar

Hi All,

So I just had a booking for mid June 2017. Everything looks fine about the booking, except that it is not appearing in the Airbnb calendar. It's just not there. The dates look available. It's been like this since the booking about 12 hours ago.

Any ideas what I should do?

Thanks

10 Replies 10
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Rob69

Can you give us some more information.

Are you on Instant Book? Or did you you get a booking request and then confirm the booking or was it just a booking inquiry?

Generally if you didn't confirm the booking and have a confirmation message from Airbnb and it isn't in your calendar then you don't have a booking.

Rob69
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi Helen,

I have instant book turned on, and it was booked via that. I didn't need to pre-approve.

The message attached to the booking has a big green ''confirmed" next to it.

Hope that helps?

Thanks

I have just reported the same issue! Got the booking  some 12 hours ago for March. I had to confirm the booking because it is a new Airbnb user and she has messaged me too. I have sent a DM on twitter hours ago to report it but no feedback yet. Must be some glitch. I am also worried about double bookings as I have instant booking on! And I am scared if I block the dates out it looks like a cancellation. Hoping to get feedback soon

Ok. Thanks Michelle & Louw,

Please let me know if you hear anything.

@MicheleandLouw0...Yes, there is definitely some glitch going on with the booking system at the moment.

I sent a pre-approval to a guest for two nights at the end of this month. It is sitting there in my messages. Just before the 24 hours was up I sent a nice reminder saying that the pr-approval was about to lapse and I hoped they would have a nice stay where ever they had chosen to book. They straight away sent back to me that they did not get my message and definitely wanted to stay with us. I then sent them an offer which gave them another 24 hours to get their booking attended to. Once again I have heard nothing so I just sent them a nice message wishing them well and maybe I could be of service to them at some time in the future. The message went into my sent messages and sat there for about 3 minutes and suddenly disappeared as though it had never been sent!

So, something is definitely not well with the system and I am lead to wondering just how much business Airbnb are loosing if this a widespread booking problem....

Cheers.....Rob 

Thank you for sharing this Rob! At least we can agree that something is amiss and not freak out. Normally Airbnb is quick to respond on a Twitter message. But not this time! They must be having their hands full with all the complains. Hope they are ready to sort out all the double bookings that is going to happen because of this.

@Rob69My issue was sorted out by the Airbnb help team late yesterday. They did eventually respond to my DM on Twitter. Have your keen corrected yet? Michele

Yes I got in touch with a customer service rep. He fixed it. Told me they are having calendar syncing issues at the moment. 

@MicheleandLouw0 No Michele this red hot enquiry has disappeared....last seen heading past Mars on it's way to the Large Magellenic Cloud!

Look Michele, I am doing 10 bookings a month and that realistically is my limit. But it puts doubts in my mind when someone says....'We did not get your Airbnb message'!!! This had nothing to do with the vagueries of 'Vodafail', this was through ABB's internet connection!

Will my response rate take a hit because I did not get some enquiring airbnb message??? Either the system works, or it doesn't!

And Michele....that's what has me worried!

How are things in the wonderful land of Botswana??

Cheers.....Rob

PS: am definitely getting old, had to edit because I consistently put two L's in your name! One I would have got away with it but three times...nah needed to correct!!!

@Robin4That is so disappointing! Oh no man.

The two LLs would not bother me at all. I'm quite uses to that.

We have had such a lovely rain reason. Botswana is absolutely beautiful at the moment. The government issued an alert last week for people to avoid the Central Kalahari desert because it is too wet!!! Vehicles are getting stuck. They urged people not to attemt going there with one vehicle and to assist other travelers who are stuck. But I'm certainly not complaining. M