Bug: House rules can't be edited

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Bug: House rules can't be edited

Since a couple of weeks there is a system bug with the house rules. We have our room description in English and in German. At the beginning, the both language versions (of the house rules only) had been identical - no different languages possible. Means, what we entered in English, appeared in German also - and vice versa. Our work-around was, entering a bilingual text. We reported the problem to Airbnb. They replied, are aware of the bug, and apologized. In the meantime, no more change can't be made to the house rules; the problem got worse. We guess, the IT staff is too busy with finalizing the new community system...

15 Replies 15
Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

Hi, Till and Jutta, that is good to know -- I have not tried making any changes recently so I don't know what would happen if I did.  I also have noticed that when there are bugs in the system, they sometimes effect some users but not all users.  For instance a host in my area has not been getting any emails coming through from Airbnb, (and others have posted about this happening to them too) but I am not having that problem.  

Till and Jutta,

I had that bug too, got one help desk lady who tried to help me, changed the text for me, the next day it was back and the next guy said; "It's not a bug, it's a feature". 

I still have that on the computer, but I could paste a trilingual text (very short rules now) into the app and it stays there. Try it on the app, or on the computer, if the bug is in the app for you.

Terry51
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

how the hell do you find your way to a help desk!

@Till-and-Jutta0Till and Jutta,

I had that bug too, got one help desk lady who tried to help me, changed the text for me, the next day it was back and the next guy said; "It's not a bug, it's a feature". 

I still have that on the computer, but I could paste a trilingual text (very short rules now) into the app and it stays there. Try it on the app, or on the computer, if the bug is in the app for you.

Silvia0
Level 3
Milan, Italy

Same bug with me, since long. I've decided to keep the English version for both lenguages, but it would be necessary to have it fixed. 

Carla6
Level 2
Povoacao, Portugal

We are now in December and the bug is still there...

Happy holidays!

I've been trying for over an hour to change my house rules without success, so am looking to the community, since AirBnB is not making it easy to contact them: can't find a phone number. I am relatively new to hosting, and have a guest right now whose friend showed up after midnight last night, and rang the doorbell over and over until I woke from a sound sleep and made it to the front door. My guest then went out partying. (of course I was so steamed I couldn't get back to sleep for some time) He came home at 5 am and threw his clothes in the dryer, which of course woke me up again. Grrrr....ergo change to house rules and amenities. 

AirBnB...is there a way to change house rules? You have new hosts coming on board all the time, and only experience with actual guests will give us the information we need to tweak our listings. It would seem that the ability to edit this most basic information is critical. Thanks for any assist!

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

I found that there are no more language specific house rules, but just 1 field in which you have to enter the rules in all languages. You just have to find the right language/field to edit the rules; they will be copied to the other languages/fields. The reason is the new procedure: The guest has to agree to the rules prior to booking. Thus the field turned from "information only" to mandatory.

BTW: When you enter "contact" into the search field your will find e.g. this.

Roy15
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I have the same problem - no way to edit house rules, I am stuck with my initial unsatisfactory version.  Really annoying!!

JayandNita0
Level 1
Bangkok, Thailand

I also had that problem on my list too. Hopefully, they could fix this sooner. I really need to add some additional rules to my guests in order to get the same understanding.

@JayandNita0

Whining about it in here does not get it fixed.

Contact AirBnB.

Mike
AirBnB Treehouse for Rent
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7292887
Mike says: "Need to contact AirBnB, Google It."

Pavel12
Level 1
New York, NY

I've been trying to change the house rules of my listing (using my phone, ipad, notebook), and it always reverses to the original once it shows "saved". How can I reach the Airbnb stuff to edit it for me? It's a shame that have a bug with one of the most important features and don't fix it.

Katrina9
Level 2
Pembroke, United Kingdom

Having exactly the same problem in trying to edit / amend the House Rules (currently inbetween having any guests, so can't understand why this is so).  I've tried doing the House Rules edit on both Safari and Firefox browsers.  Neither work. Exactly as you state it keeps reverting to the original House Rules version.  I'm frustrated and getting more concerened that Airbnb are not aware of these issues and / or fixing something so important.  Any advice on why this isn't working and how to tackle it any other way would be very much appreciated!  Thank you! 🙂

10 month later ....

Problem still not fixed!!!

I tried everything for hours ... :/(((