Calendar / Hiding Profile to certain guests

Alison4
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Calendar / Hiding Profile to certain guests

I have a guest request to come back to stay. That sounds great however my children did not like him. Is there a feature whereby you can appear "full" if certain guests click on your profile or whereby you do not come up in their searches? I would prefer not to be direct and potentially hurtful.

4 Replies 4
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Alison4,

This is just a guess and will not really help you now but when you reviewed this guest, did you give a "thumbs down" when it asked if you would host the guest again.  I believe if you chose "thumbs down", your listing would not show up with his search.  Again, this is just a guess but I imagined that is why they ask that question to know whether or not to pair you up again.

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

@Dave-and-Deb0 You may be right about the thumbs down, I don't know. I do believe though that anyone with a thumbs down won't be allowed to use Instant Booking.

@Alison4 No, I don't believe you can do this yet. You can however refuse any requests to make a reservation. In the dropdown box you can tick off that "this guest makes you feel uncomfortable" you will not be penalised for refusing. The most important thing is that your kids were able to express their feelings and you can flag the guest if anything inappropriate was said or happened. 

Out of simple curiosity Alison, how did you obtain Super Host Staus with only 6 reviews and member since sept 2015?

Wendy-and-Markus0
Level 10
United States

@Alison4:

I would call Airbnb and explain the situation just as you did here. I agree with you, I wouldn't let him know the truth. Sometimes, some things are better left unsaid.

Had a situation where we weren't comfortable hosting a guest. When I selected not comfortable hosting guest, there was a blank box with something like explain or why? I thought my response would be going directly to Airbnb but it ended up sending as a message from me to the guest. I had entered:

"Aside from not having any reviews, we mainly don't feel comfortable as he has not gone through the verification process, doesn't have a profile picture of profile description."

Fortunately, the guest understood and ended up adding a line on his profile description and a picture. We ended up receiving another request to book and did not end up hosting him.

You can also just decline and not give an explanation OR block one of the dates from his reservation inquiry so it will automatically turn into a not possible.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.