Calendar Option - No Arrival (feature request)

Chris225
Level 5
Flagstaff, AZ

Calendar Option - No Arrival (feature request)

I would find being able to set an option in the calendar to not have folks arrive on a specific day very helpful.

Whether I'm at a tournament, symphony, dinner plans, etc. I would find it very helpful as a host to specify whether or not a guest could arrive on a particular date (Saturday for instance). It's great if a guest already arrived earlier in the week, just not on a particular day I'm busy. This would allow me to keep dates open in the calendar that I would otherwise block because of my availability and preference to give guests tours of our home, and bake fresh treats upon their arrival.

I could see the calendar options be simply offered as:

1. Available
  2. No Arrivals
  3. Blocked

If you feel this would be helpful to you too, AirBnB needs to hear from you (that's how features are prioritized)! I would kindly ask you to submit some feedback to AirBnB. https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

7 Replies 7
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Chris225  I don't know if this would meet your needs, but you can specify days of the week when guests cannot check in under Availability.  Have you used that option?

@Linda108  It doesn't. I don't need a repeating day that guests only can check-in, rather, I need to specify 1-5 days a month (different days of the week) that guests cannot check-in (arrive). Custom rules are also not helpful, as I don't want to restrict check-in to only Wednesday, to ensure check-in doesn't happen on a certain Saturday. Thanks for the suggestion.

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Chris225, yes, I 100% agree with you. I think it would be extremely helpful to be able to 'block' off certain days on the calendar for check in only i.e. it is still available for someone who wants to book it mid-stay, but not to arrive on that day. You can kind of do it under 'Trip length' > 'Add a custom rule for seasons or specific dates' but it is very cumbersome. I like your idea of having a 3rd option on the calendar that states 'no check in'. I will also leave this in feedback.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Chris225 @Kath9  I think this is possible with rule sets, had a play and it appears to work.

I know professional hosting tools are for multiple listings but it should also work for single listings, switch it on in settings from your account settings and have a play. You make a rule, desgnate it a colour, and just highlight the calender on the days you want it to apply.

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Jeff158@Chris225,

@Jeff158, thanks for the suggestion! I have gone in and had a play with this, naming my rule-set 'Check in not available'. However, does this show up on the calendar to guests? And would it actually prevent someone instant booking to arrive that day?

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Kath9 

It will stop instant bookings arriving on the day, unfortunately no mention on the calender that checkin is restricted on this day, on the calender it looks as if the date is blocked and will guests be savvy enough to realise they can book across the blocked dates. I suppose if guests have put in dates to search, it will show you having the dates available, not a very satisfactory outcome.

It would be better if we had an availability calender instead of a checkin calender.

Eva170
Level 5
Hollywood, FL

Yes! Absolutely in support of what you wrote. I was looking for exactly this option and couldn't find it. On a particular date I'm not available to greet new guests, but I don't mind if someone is already here or is leaving that day. I hate to block the day and lose out on a longer booking.