Cancellation Policy

Hillary54
Level 2
Richmond, VA

Cancellation Policy

I have already reached out to AirBnB support but haven’t heard back so I figured I would post here and see if anyone has dealt with this.

i have a person who is interested in booking my property for 31 days (to get the discount I have set and avoid paying state taxes). The problem is that they are being told it would be non-refundable. They sent me a screen shot that says they can cancel but the first 30 days would not be refunded. They contacted AirBnB who told them that I am in control of the cancellation policy — however I double checked and the only option I can find is the ‘Flexible’, ‘Moderate’, and ‘Strict’ settings and I have Moderate selected. Is there different place for longer term stays? Is this a standard AirBnB policy??

thank you!!

4 Replies 4
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thank you, I went through that information and I can’t find anything that explains why they are being told the first 30 days of their stay would not be refunded. I have my cancellation policy set to moderate so they should get a full refund if it’s canceled 5 days before their arrival...

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

>>If the guest books a long term reservation and decides to cancel the reservation before the start date, the first month of the reservation is paid to the host in full and not refunded to the guest<<

From here: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/home/cancellation_policies#long-term

Yes! Thank you!! Apparently you’re far better at finding it than I am.