Change in features on website causing problems

Alyshia0
Level 1
New York, NY

Change in features on website causing problems

Have any other hosts been annoyed by the change in features to block dates on the calendar while a Special Offer is pending. 

Recently Airbnb took away the option of blocking out dates on the calendar while a special offer is pending. I've spent hours with customer service (phone and Twitter DM) trying to deal with this. When I issued a special offer to a guest who requested dates that we had not yet released on our calendar and then I released the dates, someone else immediately usurped the dates and invalidated the offer. I required customer service to cancel the reservation. Then, I had to suspend Instant Book which required a whole series of questions and disclaimers about how I would no longer be prioritized in searches to turn off. Today, someone else requested a special set of dates, and I again had to suspend Instant book, go through the whole rigamarole, and even so, two other sets of guests were able to get in there and usurp the dates. I had to decline them (which Airbnb, rightly, makes it difficult to do) and disappoint them.  I don't understand why they don't JUST TURN BACK ON THE OPTION TO BLOCK THE DATES FOR 24 DANG HOURS WHILE THE SPECIAL OFFER IS PENDING. If I have to do this every time someone asks for special dates in the future...

2 Replies 2
Lyndsey2
Level 10
Stonington, CT

I completely agree! I've usurped it by setting the price for those dates to something absurdly high so no one would want to book, but it's possible someone could still make a mistake and try to book it. 

Aom-And-Fred0
Level 2
Choeng Thale, Thailand

Problem.

E-mail showed booking guest, but App Airbnb inbox does not confirm booking.

Website does not work normal.

Enjoy your day,

Fred

Villa on the Rocks

Villa in the Garden

Villa in the Park

Villa with the Flowers

Phuket

Thailand