Cleanliness rating creeping down..cause for concern?

Anthony608
Level 10
Silver Spring, MD

Cleanliness rating creeping down..cause for concern?

So, my overall rating is hovering at 4.7 for most of the spring and into the summer with pretty positive comments.  I have been hit a few times on the "location" and a few guests have rated me as a 4 overall. However, I have had three guests give me a "3" in cleanliness and today that individual rating was a 4.3 and the star had turned orange.  Yet my overall was still 4.7.

In only one of those cases was the rating maybe justified and it was an issue with the guest arriving very late and found some trash from a previous guest under the bed (still, the guest would have had to go under the bed to find it).  The other two 3 ratings were ridiculous.  One guests stated the house had not been vacuumed when it was (you could still see the marks on the carpet) and a young girl stated the bathroom had an oder becuase she arrived literally within minutes of it being cleaned and there was still the smell of cleanser in the air.

Should I be concerned with a 4.7 overall yet a 4.3 in cleanliness?  I have heard horror stories about AirBNB suspending hosts or even de-listing them for ratings in the 3 or 4 category.

15 Replies 15

We have the following printed out in each of our rooms so people understand the Airbnb ratings vs hotel ratings.Airbnb RatingsAirbnb Ratings