Closing the account in January, but a guest booked for 2 days on February

Luis712
Level 2
Antwerp, Belgium

Closing the account in January, but a guest booked for 2 days on February

Hello community! 

FIrst of all, thanks for taking the time to reading this. 

I am closing the account in January. I already blocked out all the months comming after, 

but just one day before doing that a guest made a booking on Feb. I contacted her and explain 

the situation which she understands and is willing to help in terms of cancelliing, but she is afraid 

she'll be loosing a 15 euros bonus. And as she is willing to book somewhere else before is too late, 

she's asking me cancel ASAP (and I understan), but my concern is the penalty I would get if cancel it 

just like that. I looked for other ways, but I couldn't see any. So, do you guys have any idea of how

should I deal with this? If I cancel, my account will be suspended, I guess, as I accidentally made a

cancellation to my very first booking last Dec. 

In any case, I just would like to make it easier for her and hopefully avoid facts that might 

affect my ad. 

Anyway, thanks again for your time and I hope to hear any feedback soon! 

Have a nice week! 

Luis

4 Replies 4
James-and-Sandy0
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

@Luis712 I did it just yesterday but in different case, I double booked my listing. I accepted the inquiry and realised in 5min its not possible so I messenge the guest say sorry and I contacted Airbnb and told as what it is. Airbnb will waive my penalty but they still put that " host cancel the guest " on my page. Now it shows there but penalty waive. Well..

Hello James and Sandy, 

Thank you for sharing your experience to me. I'll try it out too. 

I hope they do the same to me. 

Have you both a nice Sunday!! 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Contact Air BNB and request the booking being cancelled.  If you have had communication with the guest via the Air BNB system, it would substantiate your situation.  Here is a guide for contacting Air BNB.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Luis712
Level 2
Antwerp, Belgium

Hey Linda!  

Thanks for the feedback! 

You really honour your name! 😉 

I really appreciate it!! 

Have a nice Sunday!