Displaying multiple prices for multiple listings at same address

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Displaying multiple prices for multiple listings at same address

To offer the best selection of prices to guests, I slice and dice up my properties.

I offer a whole house listing and/or separate bedrooms w/shared bathrooms.

This way, I can meet the needs of many.

There has been a techincal change at Airbnb, so that the map now no longer shows all the options on map view.

It just chooses one and shows that option. (Similiar to before, but prospective guests could see that there existed other tabs beneath the displayed listing)

The option they choose is often suboptimal.

How do I choose/force Airbnb to display the optimal listing?  

I'm thinking about changing the address of the listings so they are independent, but I'm sure that will create problems.

Anyone have a work around? Thanks

4 Replies 4
James-and-Sandy0
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

@Paul154 I've been doing it for more than a year now 🙂 I separate 1 property to 1BR and 2BR villa/ house. So I manage to grab guest who search for 1BR ( 2 persons) it works well!! I have 6BR villas and I separate the, into 6BR / 4BR/ 2BR and the 2BR i separte it into 1BR and 2BR. Don't do different address just do same address no problem but u'll just need to check your calendar when u acccept the whole house reservations 🙂 cos yesterday i forgot and i double booked 6BR villa but told Airbnb my fault and tell my guess the truth and say sorry and guest say OK so i proceed to cancel asap so she can  book other villa asap too.. I contacted Airbnb and they waived my penalty but if i do it again they wont waive it anoymore 🙂

James-and-Sandy0
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

@Paul154 I usually will instant booking the highest price ( or just dont put instant booking, easier ) But for example between 1BR and 2BR I wouldnt make a really different price still the 1BR will be cheaper but only USD 10-15 less. Thats my way to get into the search.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Paul154

you are right! The new map / listings view is terrible  and it is conected with your problem. I posted about it today and it really affects our booking rate.

For example if you zoom the map in my neighbourhood there are 100+ lisitings but only arround 20 will show on the map. So if you want to see more listings in the same area you have to switch back to "listings view" scroll all the way down , click on the next page and then switch back to "map view" !!! So, if we are not on the front page then we have no views or bookings at all.  Anyone searching by the map doesn't even realize there are a lot more listings in the same area.

My post is here

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/MAP-or-LISTING-VIEW-booking-frustration/m-p/876208#M2155...

@Paul154

I think you better ask Huma - she offers 3 rooms in one flat, and as I remember, there are 2 baths or? I do not know if you live at the property as she does, but in case you do, I think she will give you the best advice.