DO NOT BOOK THROUGH A HOST NAMED *** (HER LISTING SAYS "DUNDEE" KING BEDROOM).

Jack121
Level 1
New York, NY

DO NOT BOOK THROUGH A HOST NAMED *** (HER LISTING SAYS "DUNDEE" KING BEDROOM).

This is so unacceptable. Let me break down what happened, who I am, and why this person. [Personal information hidden], should NEVER, EVER, EVER be allowed to host another guest again. She should be banned from the Airbnb platform. I booked a room in *** house this past July 3 afternoon for one night (July 3). I used instant book. Airbnb has the proof. The reservation was confirmed by Airbnb. I was sent all the details. If it was not confirmed, I would not have been sent the address or the details about the place, including the key detail that *** said that she meets guests at the house in person. So, after I got off work, I called *** to confirm my ETA. No answer by phone. No answer by text. I called a customer service rep at Arbnb, after waiting a long time, who's name was Ray.  I explained my situation to Ray, who also tried to contact *** to no avail. He then offered me a 10% increase in credit for my inconvenience of being left on the streets close to 10:30 PM at night with no place to stay. He said he would call me back. He did. When I said the refund was inadequate to such a gross violaton of Airbnb protocol, he hung up on me. Totally uncool. Totally unprofessional. What kind of business is Airbnb now running? Ray needs to be fired. Meanwhile, I drove to *** house, rang the doorbell, knocked on the doors, knocked on the window, went to the back door, no response, no ***, no nada. Just as I was about to leave, *** suddenly appeared at the front door. No car had entered the driveway. She claimed she was at work and that there was no reservation. This was a complete lie. She knew there was a reservation. When I tried to show her my reservation, she slammed the door. I called Airbnb again. No response for 30 minutes. And then the phone just hung up. I was just shocked by this treatment. And I am still shocked and traumatized by it. I had to rent a hotel. Once I checked in, I went on my laptop to find that *** had just canceled the reservation. How interesting. So, she knew I had a reservation, and then canceled to cover her tracks, and to deny me the possibility of telling the truth in a review. This is unacceptable.  I take great pride in being a host. Even if *** is not lying, which is impossible (her canceling the reservation is evidence of guilt), she showed ZERO COMPASSION for my situation. Just a curt "I don't have any reservations today," without even trying to see things from the guest's perspective, and then slamming the door. As a long-time host, I cannot possibly let another guest experience this person. Her behavior is simply unconscionable. Do not EVER stay with this horrible person, who reflects terribly on the Omaha hosting communty.

***[Personal information hidden from this post]

0 Replies 0