Difficult time

Difficult time

@Willow and Cor from Netherland,

And they cannot be dry cleaned - but only washed, but NO WAY to find someone to do this - they refuse to do this job, therefore if my suspects go right - I have to buy new down duvets, oh that hurts me - on the other hand I non stop am asking myself - am I not a bit too suspicious and touchy...   But if the child really is one who gets wet at night - was not his mother responsibility to tell me that so that I would provide the bed with special plastic - I asked if they need s-th - no, they told me. What to do now?

16 Replies 16
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Any child can have a humiliating accident, esp when sleeping away from home. So, before your next child, buy the mattress protector. I have them for the grownups as well, keeps the mattress spotless! A mattress is expensive, a protector only little money. For a peaceful night's rest for you, the host, protect the mattresses your guests sleep on!

For washing duvets, yes to tennis balls (bashes the filling as it goes round). Use half the detergent you would normally use. If there's instructions on the doona, do that.

Stop and take it out periodically, feeling for wet lumps and bash it up again. Even when it all feels perfectly dry, do it a little longer until it is totally fluffy and lump free. Feathers tend to stick together until completely dry. If there's time, hang it for a bit before using it, just to be super shore there's no damp. That is what causes any smell. No need to get rid of them, even if weed on. Relax!

@Sarah977

They left and all was PERFECT as Willow has suggested it will be - thank you ALL who supported me - it is my first experience with children - but I will provide a wet protector next time,

Question - I would like to have children, but 5 years up - but there is no way to ask the exact years of children the flat is o.k.