Dramatic decline in requests and enquiries

Mandy29
Level 2
Alexandra Headland, Australia

Dramatic decline in requests and enquiries

Hi delightful airbnb community and fellow hosts.

I really would appreciate all help and insight with this concern.
we have 2 listing s of different sizes and facilities...have been hosting for 15 months (and superhosts for 12 months ).

In late Aug. /Sept we had a couple of weeks away,I left the calender open for a longer booking as was happy for our son to host whilst away.

However there was a popular weekend music festival on whilst away and we got a lot of requests

(which I declined without realising if too many are declined then airbnb penalise heavily!)

I do understand their policy, I would have loved forewarning so I could have educated myself better about the consequences and an alternative way to manage the calender for those dates.

I now know about snoozing etc!

So... what would people suggest to start getting back into people's search filters ...basically to hear from the world out there again??

Its totally quiet( before we would get several requests and bookings each week!)

We are coming into summer (Queensland Australia),the festive season and long school holidays!!

Thanx for all your feedback and time spent with this concern

And all the best to you all out there  🙂

Cheers Mandy 

1 Reply 1
Grace73
Level 1
Palo Alto, CA

I have an idea. I found myself in the same situation where after several declines I stopped getting inquiries. So I reduced the daily rate by $3 and decreased the weekly discount from 15 to 10%. I think Airbnb saw the lower daily rate and elevated my ranking in the area because I started to get

inquiries again. Something similar might work for you.