Family & Work Collection - Gone

Danielle476
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Family & Work Collection - Gone

Hi all,

This may be something that I missed, but I don't recall receiving any correspondence about the changes so I thought I'd let others know.

Effective September 30th, both the Family and Work Collections have been removed and are no longer features on active listings.  There will now only be a 'Work Friendly' option that guests may choose, and to be eligible you must have:

- Smoke detector

- Carbon monoxide detector

- 1 business review

- 4.8 business rating

- 4.7 overall rating

The CS rep I spoke to said that despite having already been in the Work Collection at the time of its removal, this does not carry forward to the new 'Work Friendly' designation, unfortunately.  I'm quite surprised that they'd remove either, to be honest.  I wonder what the rationale is there.

Happy hosting!

16 Replies 16
Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Danielle476 

What does "business review" mean?

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

My guess is a review from someone who booked by toggling the 'Work Trip' tab when searching for a place.  The CS rep didn't even know that either Collection was gone until I asked, so I'm sort of filling in the gaps here.  🙂

@Ricardo85 , I know the answer to this one. A "business review" is a review by a guest who indicated to the system at booking that it was a business trip. (The guest is offered a button to toggle.)

@Ricardo85  and @Danielle476 , I forgot to mention that for this the guest must have a business account, which requires having a business email (not gmail, yahoo, etc.) address. 

Good to know!

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

News to me...  True to form Air BNB has made changes and now we hosts have to scratch our heads.  Waiting for more clarification.  I have been reviewed by business travelers but how are those reviews identified?  I didn't qualify for work collection because I did not want self check-in due to the presence of my dog.  So.....

Thanks for starting this discussion.

I mentioned this to CS - why are sweeping changes being made without notifying hosts?  I found it hilarious that even HE didn't know about the changes.  He had to put me on hold and ask someone before telling me it was canned over a month ago.  

I suppose this means that the promised Unique Collection is canned, too, @Linda108 . I was cautiously optimistic that it would be good for my place. Oh well.

Glad I will no longer get notices urging me to lure toddlers to a 10-ft platform (i.e., toggle the child-friendly button) to qualify for the family collection...

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Thanks, @Branka-and-Silvia0 ! This is good news, @Linda108 . Whether you have self-check-in or not, nice dog or not, you will be featured as a work listing if you get business reviews. 

Danielle476
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

So as I understand it, "...guests can now search for a place to stay when traveling for business by selecting the “Work trip” toggle—results display places with high ratings from other business travelers who were searching for similar criteria."  How are business travelers giving high ratings to 'Work Stays' if there is no longer a Work Collection to choose from?  If we're all starting from scratch, we just have to hope that someone happens to book our home while on a work trip?  And only then will future business travelers see our home as an option for work trips?

I don't like depending on glitchy algorithms to land me guests.  At least with the Work Collection, you could add/change your listing to qualify.  Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope I get lucky?

@Danielle476 

I can find my listing when I do a basic search. But when I click on the "Business trip" button my listing is gone.

With that said, how can business trevelers find my listing?

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

This is exactly my fear.  Let's say someone in your neighborhood just happens to get a business booking.  Judging by the statement above, now that listing will automatically appear in any future work trip searches merely because they were fortunate enough to have received a previous booking?  Seems like a closed loop system to me - only the people who are in it will continue to benefit.  

Oh yeah. There's that. Thanks, @Danielle476 . I didn't think it through...