Favorite Save Responses

Lesley-and-Orion0
Level 2
Victoria, Canada

Favorite Save Responses

With Airbnb being such a global phenomenon we are constantly getting new users all the time. Most of these users don't understand that Airbnb is a community built on trust. I've recently been getting a ton of requests from guests with 0 reviews and 1-2 verifications. (Phone number and Email isn't good enough for me) So I like to prompt guests politely to add their verification and a profile picture. In doing this you are also opening up a healthy dialogue for conversation. By moving forward with the verification process and helping your potential guests work through it I do beleive you can build a level of trust and comfort in your guest prior to their arrival. I just wanted to share one of my Favorite Saved Responses that I send to these types of requests.

"Hello

Thanks so much for the booking, sounds like great trip!

Is this your first-time using Airbnb? Congratulations on choosing this great alternative to accommodation. As we are a community built on trust, a couple of the requirements for our new guests is that they completely go through the verification process in the trust section of their profile. Inputting your government ID and a profile picture gives hosts a piece of mind and comfort in their guests.

If you could please take a minute to complete this, I’d be happy to confirm you’re booking.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Orion."

Feel free to post some of your favorite saved responses in the comments 

Cheers and happy hosting!

5 Replies 5
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Lesley-and-Orion0 ,

Great topic and very useful for your fellow hosts. I'm sure your peers will have some additional boilerplate messages they can share too.

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Linda1213
Level 6
Vero Beach, FL

Great idea! I have noticed an uptick in guests with no reviews. When i have asked/requested info similar to yours.... more often then not i am answered with :: crickets::..... i think many of them don’t even know how to use the app/messaging system properly. Rolls eyes.

LBR
Lesley-and-Orion0
Level 2
Victoria, Canada

@Linda1213 I have been having good luck. I really try and encourage them and invite them into our community. Some people honestly just don't understand and I'm sure some are honestly trying to be dishonest.

@Lesley-and-Orion0 ... or they think we are Booking . com!

Ashley242
Level 2
Hawaii, United States

I send every person on our calander this message at some point.

"Please go to your confirmed itinerary and copy or save the handwritten directions. Google maps will get you lost in my neighborhood."

If they cant do that i send them the "Good Directions" pretty much the same but a bit shorter for messaging. 

I also send "Stream Trek Link"  my very customized Google Maps with property highlights, trails, fruit trees, hidden spots.