Feature Request: Require Full Guest List with Names & Ages for Large groups

Carl16
Level 1
Austin, TX

Feature Request: Require Full Guest List with Names & Ages for Large groups

Hi,

I own a large house in Austin/West Lake Hills Texas. It is perfect for parties and events albeit I am trying to avoid guests from partying and disturbing neighbors in this quiet neighborhood. It's been difficult.

Parties almost always cause permanent damage since with large groups, noone seems to be responsible and in charge once they get too intoxicated.

It would be fantastic to require a Full List of all guests' names and ages for large groups of guests. This would help hosts a lot making a booking decision for "sinister" guest groups and having this get out of hand.

Thank you.

Carl Havighorst

3 Replies 3
Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

@Carl16,

Just ask for it in your pre-booking conversations with potential guests. I have done this before quite often and don't send pre-approval until I have this information and this is even for small groups [4-6]. Genuine guests are always willing to forward this info, it's very relevant and nothing less than would be required in regular commercial accommodation anyway.

Another box to fill in won't solve this trust issue.

Thorough communication and a good connection between host and guest is a key feature that will reduce these problems.

Sincere Regards, Christine.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

First of all you have to accept that it's perfect for parties - so in your house rules and ALSO in your email communiation you have to stress to them that under no circumstances are parties allowed. You may need to spell out what that means: eg no noise audible outside the property between the hours of 11pm and 7am as it is a quiet residential area. Ask them to agree to that so that neighbours are not inconvenienced.

Asking for a list of names is a good idea, but meaningless if they are going to have a party anyway (unfortunately)

Thanks. The House is amongst the highest elevations in the neighborhood, so any outside groups noise is carried across the entire neighborhood. Neighbors have small kids and will complain if there is noise any time of the day really, so I guess I have to really stress, Renters only and no partiers AT ALL. There are always issues if the group average age is under 25, so no more of that. Just thought it would be nice to have this more easily managable in the booking process. I will try to spin that angle, thanks.