Feedback on Listing

Decisive0
Level 2
Trinidad and Tobago

Feedback on Listing

Hi All,

We're new to the Airbnb Family. We've just converted our upstairs 4bdroom apartment especially for this. 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/36560329?

We would love to get some feedback on our listing; visual appeal, tips..etc

Thank you in advance 

Decisive

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Decisive0 

You have listed 1 bedroom for max.  2 guests, but the description is mentioning an appartment with 4 bedrooms. Are there  more listings to come for each room ? Please note this listing has a 20% discount for firsts 3 bookings (also added up to weekly.monthly discounts). Your check-in time is "flexible", i would recommend to set more specific check-in/out times, otherwise guests will take advantage of it. Same for cancellation policy (flexible). Maybe also consider to add a security deposit ?

Listing says "'Potential for noise", from which source ?

I also was confused about the title (but maybe it's because of my level of english language i do not understand it exactly)

IMHO i think the overall presentation of your listing is fine !

Happy Hosting,

Emiel

Emiel!

We really appreciate your feedback and insight. Actually we weren't knowledgeable of adding a security deposit as an option, so we would certainly look into to that.

To answer the other question, there are no more listings for the other rooms at the moment but we do plan to add others as time goes along and as we 'get the hang of it a bit more'.

In terms of check-in times, can you recommend how you figured out which time is best for check-in and check-out at your listings? Right now we're thinking Check-in should be 12 noon and Check-out is 3:00pm?

Thanks once again for your contribution.

Hope to hear from you soon.

-Decisive

Elaine419
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi

A few things I've noticed - but feel free to ignore.

This may have already been said so apologies if so but if departures are 3pm, you've essentially lost that room until 12pm the following day so can't maximise its potential.

I love the colours in your bedrooms but in my experience, guests would rather see 4 pillows on a bed with the odd cushion - not 2 pillows and a few cushions.

I think all of your photo's should have a little caption, its an opportunity for you to sell what you have.

Grammar etc needs a little 'fine tuning', especially your heading.  I can help with that if you struggle.

Good luck with your venture - I wish you every success.

Elaine456 Thank you kindly for the note on the number of pillows and what guest like to see. We will add to more pillow and cut down on the odd cushions. We see exactly where you're coming from with the check out times and will adjust accordingly.

We have started to put captions to our photos and will continue to do so as we understand how important they are to the listing.

Also, we would certainly love any assistance or suggestion you can give with fine-tuning and our heading. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Decisive0  Your check-in/check-out times should correspond to what is convenient for you and the amount of time you'll need to clean the space between guests. If you are planning to accept back-to back bookings, check-out at noon and check-in at 3 will probably result in you feeling harried. You have to anticipate that some guests may check-out late (although you should send them a check-out reminder the day before) and some may ask to arrive early. You certainly don't have to accommodate an early check-in request if it's not convnient, of course. Some guests may leave it quite clean, and others may leave a big mess that requires more than normal cleaning time.

Maybe consider an 11 AM check-out?

In my case, I don't take back-to-back bookings at all (I have the one day prep time checked in availability), and work from home, so I can be quite flexible- I have an 11am-11pm check-in and a 4 pm check-out.

@Decisive0  Your listing is lovely and thoughtfully appointed; I especially like the color palette in your fabrics. One small thing: the 10th photo has no caption so I don't know whether it represents  the exterior of your building or a nearby feature. 

I recommend filling out the Policies/House Rules tab with some text. For example "No Smoking" generally means no smoking indoors; it helps to state where the closest place people can smoke is, so smokers can make an educated decision about whether it's convenient. Also, if you require guests to observe quiet hours for neighbors' sake,  or refrain from bringing unapproved extra guests onto the property, that should be explicit too.