First host

First host

Hi Everyone.  I hope someone can help me please.

We are an Airbnb management Agency.  I am taking over 2 listings from a colleague of mine.  My question is, is it possible to change the name of the host to my name or should the listing be deleted and listed from scratch under my name?

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Marita7

If you are promoting yourself as an Airbnb Management Agency shouldn't you be an expert on how all things BNB work?

Obviously you wouldn't want to delete the listing would you as all reviews would be lost.

Just ask the host to add you onto the listing as a second contact.

Thank you Helen.

Just for the record, this is a new portfolio I am starting up and it was merely a question because we did not know.  But thank you for your input.

Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Hi @Marita7 , that's so cool that you have an Airbnb management company.   What exactly does a management company do?   It seems a management company would have a lot of experience using Airbnb, but maybe you're transferring your skills from another environment?

There are certain fields in the profile that can be changed, and the actual name associated with the profile is one thing that can be changed.  Now you have to weigh the merits of whether it SHOULD be changed.   You and your client will have to decide whether it's better for you to co-host the listings, or start from scratch with the listings under your profile.

Good luck.

We are hosts for furnished but vacant properties.  We do everything on behalf of the owner of the property.  We obviously do not live on the premises but have a hands on service we offer our guests.

Personally, I don't care much for "management companies" being allowed to advertise on Airbnb. Here on Siesta Key in Sarasota, Florida in the past year numerous condo complexes with a front rental office have started listing all their individual units on Airbnb. 

It dramatically increases the number of local listings and in my opinion, confuses the guests searching for a suitable Airbnb, be it a room in a home, or an entire home or condo. I think it detracts from the original intent. The success and popularity of Airbnb is a testament not only to the well-run company but also to the "little guy", all the individual hosts. Now we have large condo associations simply signing up and listing each and every one of their vacation rentals on the same site. Airbnb is allowing the same thing that VRBO did... and it no longer remains a vacation rental by owner.