Friend Managing listing in my absence

Durga0
Level 2
Portland, OR

Friend Managing listing in my absence

A friend is managing my listing in my absence, and I'm wondering what others pay for that service? Obviously I'll give her the cleaning fee I charge, and I'm thinking I would give her a percentage of the rent I charge. What feels fair? She's really doing the prmary management, I haven't been in touch with the current guest other than the first day of check in, and the next guest she'll check in herself without me, other than my initial contact by message. 

Thanks!

2 Replies 2
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

When I go away, I give AUD 100 per stay. This includes checking emails, doing all the contacts and cleaning/laundry. My fees start at AUD 135 per night, so if it is a one night stay I make no money once utilities are paid for, but bookings are often 2-3 nights. I feel it is important to pay well as I would not be able to take a booking AT ALL if I didn't have reliable help if I am unavailable.

When I went away for a month last year my helper was thrilled to get a comment of ''charming host'' in the review so she is doing a good job.

Karyo0
Level 4
Manchester, United Kingdom

We are very similar to Sandra, We give our friend £50 per stay . our charge to guests is £55-£60 per day so basically make nothing for the first day. Our thinking is that the first day is when all the main work is - cleaning& greeting, so it is fair to give the friend all that days revenue.