GUEST CHECKING IN IS DIFFERENT THAN AIRBNB ACCOUNT HOLDER IN ARGENTINA

Melanie59
Level 2
Palm Beach, FL

GUEST CHECKING IN IS DIFFERENT THAN AIRBNB ACCOUNT HOLDER IN ARGENTINA

I need help.  I have been communicating with my guest from Argentina, who supposedly has 14 of her own AIRBNB listings.  I have received nothing back since the initial reservation.  Check in is today.  

I received a text message from someone calling from a Miami telephone number confirming that they are checking in at 5:00/6:00 p.m. today.  They also notified me that they are a different person with a different name stating that their "full name" is something completely different!  The hotel condominium has strict check-in rules and I have already had them make a reservation check-in slip under the AIRBNB account holder's name. 

What should I do?  I do not feel comfortable with the way this is progressing.

5 Replies 5

@Melanie59    You can tell them that only the person listed on the reservation is allowed on the property or call Airbnb, Tweet or FB.

Ange - I did call AIRBNB and they said that apparently the guest has the account name under a different name like a business name, that she is a Super Host with several of her own listings, and is not using her personal name.  They could not verify her personal name on any of their information and said that her photo on AIRBNB recognizable for me.  I am just wondering why as a Super Host the communication is so bad.  The whole thing does not make sense to me, and at this point am going to go ahead and change the reservation card to reflect a different name.   AIRBNB has my question open in case I have a problem at the end of the stay.

@Melanie59   Hum! Airbnb not being able to verify names or details, doesn't exactly promote trust or confidence does it.   But, Superhosts are not necessarily Superguests.  I have seen a few posts about some very bad Superhost Guests who take advantage of their status and are a real pain as guests.

Good luck!

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Melanie59

In any case do an ID check immediately upon arrival and make a note of her ID# like any hotel/motel does.

That at least shows professionality from your side and would hopefully prevent her psychologically from any monkey business she might have in mind. Better safe than sorry.

You can also ask her why she didn\t register under her name or give you her real name on booking. 

And later on in the review I'd mention that communication could have been better.

Roz4
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

While it's a little unnerving, I'd say it sounds like a reasonable explanation. Given her super host status I'd say it's very unlikely you will have problems with her. Some hosts are more casual than others about who checks in etc, so perhaps she's never been questioned before or put much thought into it?