Guest books and never shows up

Nita8
Level 2
Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Guest books and never shows up

Can anybody help me to avoid this type of experience when dealings with bookings in the future? 

I received a booking from a guest, Bianca, from SA which I confirmed. She told me she was arriving at 3pm. I rushed home from school to prepare, clean and buy the necessary breakfast stuff.  At 4 I received a cancelled message from Air B&B without any message from Bianca. About 6 that evening she told me she was double booked, which I think was just a lie. She said she was coming to stay with me the next 2 days. No booking was made, so I knew this was another lie.  This type of behaviour is so inconsiderate. Which settings do I use to avoid this type of treatment? Can you report or leave a review somewhere about these characters to warn other hosts? Regards Nita

2 Replies 2
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Nita8 you can click on the flag near her profile, you can leave her a review , give her 3 or less stars or thumb down and she will not be able to book your property again.

Moira21
Level 8
Bispham, United Kingdom

@Nita8  I'd be annoyed. If you don't want same day bookings, change the option to 1 days notice. Do you know how to change this?